Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Abigail
Dedicated March 2023 Northumberland

Wedding colour

Abigail, 25 of July of 2021 at 09:21 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 26
Hi, I am getting married in the spring of 2023, but I’m really struggling to pick a colour scheme for the day?
I have no idea what colour to do for my bridesmaids that will match with my husband-to-be suit choice of navy blue? And what colour would you choose for flower girls?
What colour would everyone pick to match navy blue for a spring wedding? If anyone knows any budget sites for bridesmaid dresses it would be much appreciated.
Also venue decoration and flower inspiration would be much appreciated

26 replies

Latest activity by Fergus, 2 of August of 2021 at 08:54
  • S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    I think a blush pink or rose pink goes really nice with navy. My fiance is wearing navy blue and our colour theme is rose gold, so he is wearing a rose gold/pink tie
  • Mrsa2021
    Dedicated June 2021 Cornwall
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    We had blush pink and my husband had a navy suit, go really nicely together
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding colour 1
    And this was my bouquet, I only wanted a small one
  • Sarah
    Dedicated September 2020 West Sussex
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    We had dusky pink for the bridesmaids and blue for the groom and groomsmen. My husband had a brown tweed waistcoat also.

I got my bridesmaids dresses from SHEIN.com and the quality was amazing they worked out at £35 each (including delivery) and I managed to get ties for the guys from next in a really good match.
    Wedding colour 2

• Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The lace on your dress looks really similar to mine, so beautiful
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my! First of all you look gorgeous, second of all them bridesmaid dresses look so expensive! I’m definitely going to have a look on shein!!

The colours work really well together so thank you so very much for sharing this with me!!
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooo that seems to be a good colour combination, I’m stuck between lavender purple or pink now! I’ve seen some dresses on ever pretty the colour is called purple orchid and I love it just unsure if it would go with navy or not.
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! Seems to be a good choice it’s beautiful 🥰
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oooh I love the flowers!
  • Sarah
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww bless you thank you.

There is a lot to trawl through but there are some real gems on there, I knew I wanted the lace top to mirror my dress so you can narrow down with things like that.
    Good luck
  • Mrsa2021
    Mrsa2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!
  • C
    Curious June 2022 West Midlands
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    Hi, we are doing these colours blue and blush pink they really compliment each other we think. Also bridesmaid dresses im getting mine off ASOS good price and as my bridesmaids are all different sizes I can get a dress that suits them in a range that matches each other and good price too, there are lots of colours you could chose of bridesmaids so if you do choose different colour worth a look x Wedding colour 3

• S
    Savvy July 2021 Worcestershire
    Sarahjp2021 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooh yeah thats a lovely colour, I think it would go with navy quite well to be honest!
  • Kate7695
    Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    You could go for navy blue, ivory, green and dusty blue. These are stunning colours for spring. Very light, airy, fresh and beautiful. These colours will go with other neutral tones as well as your hubby to be's navy suit!Wedding colour 4

Wedding colour 5

• Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my lord look at them together 😍😍😍
  • H
    Beginner August 2022 West Midlands
    Helena ·
    • Hide content

So we are summer but, we are going against the grain a little with a darker bridesmaid colour. I saw a lot of brighter summer colours but I really like a dark green, as it compliments our venue which is very floral and therefore already very colourful. See if you can get some sample patches from bridesmaid websites such as JJs House - then you can try the colours next to a navy and see what you think without committing

• Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love these colours! 🤩
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love JJs House for the range of styles and colours. The prices are so reasonable!
  • L
    Curious March 2022 Central & Glasgow
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    We're having a March wedding and going with lilac for my bridesmaid. I don't love purple flowers so having mostly ivory/warm white with dark eyed anemones (like the ones shown in the photos above to tie in with purple in the bridesmaid dress) and a bit of foliage. H2B is wearing navy and grey. I don't think you can go wrong with a navy suit so you've got loads of choice so go with what you love!
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ooo have you used JJs house before? I wasn’t sure if it was trusty as it doesn’t have the best reviews on trust pilot 😣
    I love dark green as well! Such a beautiful colour 😍
  • Abigail
    Abigail ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Is JJs house good? Have you ordered from
    Them?
  • Kate7695
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes JJs is very good, I highly reccomend! I've ordered from them a few times. With dresses I would suggest going for custom sizing and definitely order colour swatches as they come in a range of materials for a really small price. It's good to see the colours in different lights and see which fabric you prefer.
  • Sarah
    Savvy August 2021 Suffolk
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Our colour scheme is navy suits and pink dresses, they are in mix and match different shades of pink and all the dresses are from ASOS pretty much - if you wait for a sale you can get some bargains, some of mine were around £20! We're having pink flowers with a touch of lilac and lots of greenery. Our wedding was supposed to be April this year, but postponed to August.
  • W
    Savvy August 2021 Lincolnshire
    Wishtobe ·
    • Hide content
    I'm having sky/baby blue, goes well with navy. Really fresh for Spring Wedding colour 6

Wedding colour 7

Wedding colour 8
    Hope that helps
  • SunnyPurpleHair80726
    Beginner May 2022
    SunnyPurpleHair80726 ·
    • Hide content
    Hi,

Have you had a look on Pinterest? Blush would be gorgeous. You also don’t have to stick to one colour. We are going for blush, cream and sage green. I’ve recently seen loads of decor/bridesmaids dresses in pastel blue and they are lovely!!

Wedding colour 9
  • W
    Savvy August 2021 Lincolnshire
    Wishtobe ·
    • Hide content
    An idea is to check out which flowers are available at the time of the wedding as some colours might not be available. Make an appointment to see a florist x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics