Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

MrsCToBe2013
Beginner August 2013

Wedding Colour = Blue. anyone able to flash their flowers?

MrsCToBe2013, 18 of September of 2012 at 20:49 Posted on Planning 0 19

Hiya Ladies!

Me and OH have finally decided to have pale blue as wedding colour. But I am struggling to look for ideas for flowers and centrepieces. I dont want it to be too blue if that makes sense. Did anyone put another colour with it to break it up abit?

Can anyone who has had blue as their colour flash the flowers and centrepieces please or tell me what sort of thing you had so I can talk to florist next week. She has asked me to get together loads of ideas so she knows what I want (be good if I did know what i want Smiley atonished)

Thanks! Smiley smile

19 replies

Latest activity by weanio, 23 of September of 2012 at 14:38
  • Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

My colour scheme was Turquoise and I had white and green flowers.

You could also try mixing purples or yellows together?

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hello,

Be inspired by the wedding inspiration gallery dedicated to blue on hitched - https://www.hitched.co.uk/wedding-pictures/blue/

There are quite a few floral images in there too.....

Fran x

• snow-woman
    Beginner April 2013
    snow-woman ·
    • Hide content

We're also having blue as a colour (albeit more of a cobalt blue) and are having contrasting flowers: because we're getting married in spring we're going for daffodils so will have blue/yellow. I can't flash for 2 reasons: 1. i haven't got a pic of the flowers yet and 2. I've not yet mastered how to!!

Not sure if that's of help or not - but when looking for flower ideas (cos like you I was struggling at first) I found Pinterest an invaluable source of inspiration!

• K
    Beginner December 2012
    Kelskiii ·
    • Hide content

My colour is royal blue & I'm having ivory roses & gyp(small White flowers) with the greenery it doesn't look too plain! When I was bridesmaid a few years ago I wore a light pale blue dress & had ivory roses, which looked really nice! I've made my own centre pieces rather than flowers I'm having silver wreaths with pine cones lights & some sparkley decs (winter wedding) but I've seen spring/summer flowery wreaths, which look nice more wooden/twig with flowers intertwinned into the wreath x

• V
    Beginner April 2013
    Vintage84 ·
    • Hide content

We're having navy blue but our flowers will be pink & white, it was a compromise, my way of getting girly, soft flowers but without it all turning too feminine.

• cake lady
    Beginner September 2012
    cake lady ·
    • Hide content

It might depend on what's in season but we got married earlier this month & I wanted blues in the flowers. I had bluey/greeny/ purpley hydrangeas, soft pink & cream avalanche roses, pale blue & a lilac colour delphiniums & white freesias with a few white waxflowers & a lttle bit of foliage at the bottom. I was going for a vintage feel & was pleased with the result.

I spent ages just googling flowers & looking on various wedding websites for inspiration.

• Alreadymarried
    Alreadymarried ·
    • Hide content

Mine were a bit like this

I had muscari which were blue, and white calla lillies and ranunculus.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

I'm having petrol blue we all have Ivory roses, BM are hand tied and my bouquet is a shower, with leaves around the edge (only slightly) to show up against my Ivory dress.

• charlottelucy
    Beginner August 2012
    charlottelucy ·
    • Hide content

our colour scheme was navy blue and we had white, green and lilac flowers.

• ViviPru
    Beginner May 2013
    ViviPru ·
    • Hide content

I'm having blue flowers. I was adamant I didn't want purply-blue, rather pale aqua blue, so I've gone for:

Muscari

Hydrangea

Veronica

And to go with these I'm having various May-flowering narcissus:

Lily of the valley and Gypsophila:

And Craspedia:

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

There are fresh flowers in blue but the blue can vary from mid blue to purpley blue so as long as you're not too specific on the shade, there are a few you can choose from. I've done quite a few blue weddings, examples below. Mine are all artificial but the styles might give you a bit of inspiration:-

• ViviPru
    Beginner May 2013
    ViviPru ·
    • Hide content

Rainbow, it must be soul destroying when you create a beautiful arrangement such as the one in that bottom right pic and turn up at the venue to find they can't even be arsed to press the linen ?

• kitty83
    Beginner March 2014
    kitty83 ·
    • Hide content

I've always wanted a big bouquet of blue hydrangeas as my wedding flowers, so we're having sky blue and white as our colour scheme. BM's will be having white flowers and table arrangements will be a mix of blue hydrangeas, whatever white flowers are in season and lots of greenery to keep costs down (plus reception room is pale green so hopefully should all look nice!) i'm rubbish with flowers and apart from the hydrangeas (cos i'm totally in love with them!), i'll just give the florist our budget and a few pics and hopefully they will be able to come up with something i like! i've found google images comes in really useful when you don't have a clue what you want though! ?

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Sorry no professional pictures yet, but we had blue as our colour and this is what my bridemaids had for their bouquets:

And our centrepieces were these (village hall reception so we did them ourselves):

• MrsCToBe2013
    Beginner August 2013
    MrsCToBe2013 ·
    • Hide content

Really sorry for the late reply, internet has not been working and it wouldnt let me reply on my phone!

Thank you ladies for all your flashes and ideas! I have got them all saved and looked up. you have given me lots of inspiration! You have all been a real help.

• Iheartbuttons
    Iheartbuttons ·
    • Hide content

Here are some blue bouquets I have made if it helps give you some ideas Smiley smile

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bridejuly2013 ·
    • Hide content

I am having a turquoise colour scheme with hints of purple too. We are having silk flowers by silk blooms based on these ones....

• W
    Beginner May 2014
    weanio ·
    • Hide content

I have no idea what I'm having!
    My friend (who lives 200 miles away incidently!) is an ex florist and wants to do my flowers as my pressie Smiley laugh
    Soooo I'll show her my dress when I have it.
    Show her bridesmaids dresses - and say - make me something pretty lol.
    Wanted to go for mahoosive blue gerbera stylee but she said they wilt quickly.
    So maybe plan A again with blue and ivory roses.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics