Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner April 2024 Cumbria

Wedding colour scheme?

Natalie, 14 of February of 2023 at 08:23 Posted on Planning 0 9
Hi all,

Getting married next April in a barn and old castle. And due to sentimental reasons, I want a bouquet of daisies, babies breath and sunflowers.
So if this is the flowers want, what colours would be good for bridesmaids dresses and groomsman?
Just looking for expert advise 🥰😂

9 replies

Latest activity by Tanya, 18 of February of 2023 at 07:33
  • S
    Rockstar April 2023 West London
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

I’m not an expert, just a fellow bride, but with those flowers I would suggest most colour schemes will work, as the daisies and babies breath are quite neutral and the pop of yellow from the sunflowers will enhance most colours.

I’m getting married in April this year (45 days, eek!) and have chosen lilac & lavender for a light spring feeling, and my groom will be in a grey suit. I originally wanted stronger colours, but was swayed by many things, including pictures of other weddings at my venue, where the pastel tones just looked much prettier against the decor. Now that the wedding is approaching, the spring colours feel right.

• N
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! I’m totally toying with what colours to do! Yours sounds beautiful! Have a magical day xx
  • Amie Seal Photography
    Leicestershire
    Amie Seal Photography ·
    • Hide content

I think I would go with a nice rich navy! You'll get a lovely pop of colour with the sunflowers & the paler tones just work well with anything! Smiley smile

• S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content
    I am having sunflowers and baby's breath with a variety of other flowers/colours so I went with dark green as a nice contrast but it's still keeping it neutral so that nothing clashes. The sunflowers would look great with navy or dark red too or even against a grey/lavender/purple x
  • Tanya
    Curious April 2023 Hampshire
    Tanya ·
    • Hide content
    I'm getting married this April with sunflowers and have a navy colour scheme. Lots of florists said they couldn't do sunflowers as they weren't in season but I've gone with artificial and made everything myself xx
  • N
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Do you have any hints and tips you could share?!xx
  • Tanya
    Tanya ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have gone for navy bridesmaid dresses and suits, fh is having a light blue suit so he stands out from the others. I waited till August to shop for my dresses and found navy was quiet hard to find. These are my centre pieces, flowers were from b and m that were in big bunches that I've taken apart. I brought the foliage from hobby craft, vases from matalan and stones from an aquatic centre. My bouquets have different sunflowers that I got from a garden centre and wrapped navy ribbon round them. The venue are putting navy chair sashes and table runners. I've kept my favours to yellow and white m and m's. Xx
    Wedding colour scheme? 1

Wedding colour scheme? 2

Wedding colour scheme? 3

• N
    Natalie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You have done such an amazing job. You really have helped me so so much!! I hope you have a beautiful wedding. Thank you so much!!
  • Tanya
    Tanya ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you. Hope you have fun with all your planning and you have a magical day xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics