Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Savvy May 2022 Norfolk

Wedding coming up and I'm freaking out!!! Help

Ana, 2 of February of 2022 at 05:04 Posted on Planning 0 6
Hello everyone 😊
When I became engaged I was so excited, ( getting married and having my big day was always my dream)and planning the dress, venue and so on, now the wedding is only 3 months away, and I absolutely panic everytime I think about it and sometimes I do regret planning this whole thing, (wish I could go back and elope just the 2 of us) every night I'm struggling to get any sleep and honestly it just feels too much 😖😖😖 my fiance and family wants to help but I feel like they don't understand the planning I have in mind and I'm just doing everything by myself, most of the things are already in place and deep down I'm constantly feeling that nothing has been done and I just get stressed over nothing. Am I being a paranoid "bridezilla"? 😖😖

6 replies

Latest activity by Anonbride, 8 of February of 2022 at 11:17
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    I feel you! I am the same, was perfectly calm and then new year came and I freak out as we have 3 months to go and worry itbis not going to be like I planned or things will gonwrong. However, I am only able to control certain things so have told myself to stop worrying about stuff I can't control and concentrate on having the best day we can. Wishing you all the best, try andnstay calm, is all natural to feel this way so not a bridezilla at all x
  • A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your kind words 😊
    Everything was going fine but my friends from work they won't stop talking about it, I know they are excited and they are planning stuff for after the wedding but talking about every single day it's making me anxious and many times had to tell them to just stop 😖😖😵‍💫 also many people that I've invited are kinda avoiding to RSPV and I'm not forcing anyone to go but if they don't want to go I would appreciate if they said I'm not going sorry, instead they say I don't know 🤦🏼‍♀️ few more weeks and I'm going to start uninviting guests as I need to plan the wedding seating and can't even do it.
  • Roxy
    Curious June 2022 Devon
    Roxy ·
    • Hide content

I'm totally with you on this!!! I go through days of 'oh it'll be fiine' to not being able to sleep and thinking absolutely nothing is ready.

Definitely tell people you need a yes or no. People seem to feel they need some excuse to not go to your wedding. I really don't mind, I just want people to let me know!

I'm sure everyone says the same, but it'll definitely be fine on the day! Just think about the main things you want and try not worry about little things, no one will notice if the table decorations aren't quite how you pictured it etc!

• A
    Savvy May 2022 Norfolk
    Ana ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's true, everything will be fine in the day and about the guests oh well I will ask one more time, if they are not able to give me a clear answer oh well, sorry but forget about ur invitation. 😆😁
  • H
    Dedicated May 2022
    HappyGoldBridesmaid18836 ·
    • Hide content
    I think how your feeling is perfectly natural but you may need to accept that there are some things which won’t be exactly like you envisioned, but that’s ok!
    I would try again with involving your H2B and family, then it won’t feel as if everything is on your shoulders.
  • A
    Expert July 2023 Cornwall
    Anonbride ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh bless you! I think it's so normal to feel like this - it's a big day! Remind yourself of the reasons you want this day and take a few breaths, maybe give yourself a bit more me time too Smiley heart

Ultimately with your RSPVs, you need to give everyone a firm deadline. Contact them all, blame it on the catering/seating/whatever, but say you need to know whether they will be attending by this date otherwise you will have to assume they unfortunately can't be there.

Good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics