Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

StaffsLass
Beginner July 2015

Wedding Competitions?

StaffsLass, 12 of May of 2014 at 16:53 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi everyone,

Does anyone know the best way to find wedding competitions, specially for photography and dresses? And any tips on entering to win?

We have a lot sorted now for our wedding, but we have a very strict budget and these are the areas we will most have to compromise on which is a pity. I'm really hoping to win something so i can have the perfect dress and a gorgeous photographic record of our day Smiley laugh

We're having quite an unusual wedding (outdoors, handfasting ceremony, drumming, animal petting etc) and have quite an unusual 'story' too about how we met as teenagers and ended up where we are now. i'm hoping this will give us a bit of an edge.

Also, just wanted to say "hello" *waves* and I look forward to getting to know you all xx

14 replies

Latest activity by Bruce Neville Photography, 16 of May of 2014 at 21:38
  • *Funky*
    Beginner January 2001
    *Funky* ·
    • Hide content

I won a honeymoon right here on hitched no less.

Industry websites, blogs and magazines and vendor Facebook pages tend to be where I see most wedding competitions. The majority of which tare usually multiple choice question & answer with the couple picked at random from 'a hat'. So doesn't really matter what type of wedding you are having.

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

I enter any that I see pop up on facebook and have won 3 things that way so far!

Quite a few blogs also post about current competitions on twitter, so it might be an idea to follow any wedding blogs/magazines on there.

The wedding community blog also have some great ones, but you need to be a member to enter. I've won on there too this week.

Welcome to hitched, happy planning (& winning, hopefully)

• StaffsLass
    Beginner July 2015
    StaffsLass ·
    • Hide content

Thank you both Smiley smile I've started a blog of my own and followed all the other wedding blogs (love rocknroll bride, greenweddingshoes etc) on twitter. I'll keep an eye out on facebook.

Congrats on your wins. i hope to be as lucky Smiley laugh

• StaffsLass
    Beginner July 2015
    StaffsLass ·
    • Hide content

I've registered with the wedding community but can't see the competitions?

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I usually find out about them through FB posts/twitter and follow the links posted there. Here's a direct link though Smiley smile

https://www.theweddingcommunity.com/wedding-competitions/

• mariannechuaphotography
    mariannechuaphotography ·
    • Hide content

I will be running a wedding competition soon for free film wedding photography, if you message me on *****@************.*** I'll let you know what the dealio will be!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

I used to enter competitions years ago and won just about every thing except for a car lol won a 14 day all expenses paid trip to Australia including tickets for all the days at the F1 grand Prix for 4 people? but I do remember the competition sites I was on at the time had a wedding category, will have a look to see if I can find it.

• B
    • Hide content

Here you go, not many on there but this is the best site for competitions https://www.loquax.co.uk/competitions/win-Wedding.php

• B
    • Hide content

Oh and for the lesser known/entered competitions sign up to the forums.

• Swirlstudios
    Swirlstudios ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We are currently giving the chance to win a FREE 3 hour photo booth hire with ourselves Swirl Studios. All you have to do is fill in your details on our website at www.SwirlStudios.com. The winner will be drawn on 30th June 2014, however if you book with us now and secure your date with a deposit, if you win we will refund everything you have paid including your deposit.

• Photographers 24/7
    Photographers 24/7 ·
    • Hide content

It isn't dress or photography unfortunately, but we are running an easy competition to win a tablet, which you may still be interested in. All you need to do to enter is request an obligation free quote. You can find out more information here: Request a Free Photography Quote

• StaffsLass
    Beginner July 2015
    StaffsLass ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all SO much for the tips! I must have entered about 50 comps now so hopefully I will win something. I've joined all the wedding forums and had a look through there too lol xx

PS I've emailed you about the comp Marianne, thank you for that x

• Ddpunk
    Beginner June 2018
    Ddpunk ·
    • Hide content

Saw this one today for a £10k wedding!

http://bathchroniclewinawedding.moonfruit.com/how-to-enter/4575384424

• ApricotTree
    Beginner December 2013
    ApricotTree ·
    • Hide content

Look at local magazines/papers etc too, not just online. We are the official photographers for the Bristol Evening Post win a wedding contest, and shooting the winners wedding in July. She won an amazing wedding, but it was a whole wedding not just one element!

• B
    • Hide content

Here's one I just saw on twitter, win a £1000 video package https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=786514841367305&set=a.786711354680987.1073741828.781838135168309&type=1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics