Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

SingleNoMore
Beginner April 2013

Wedding Crepes...!?

SingleNoMore, 2 September, 2012 at 21:35 Posted on Planning 0 22

Who's had em? Ducky I know you have, and it clearly went down well. How much did it cost if you don't mind me asking?

We're having our wedding breakfast at 3.30pm so want to provide something later that evening, although we're not having additional guests (and only 45 in total) and we both love crepes, so I'm really intrigued at the idea of having a crepe van or crepe counter in the evening. Who out there has had this at their wedding? Did it work well? How long would you have it for? Just a couple of hours I think? Max? And are the hotel likely to be unhappy about us having external caterers serving food on their premises?

Would you guys like crepes? We'd probably get sweet AND savoury options cos not everyone is like me and could just eat nutella 24/7.

22 replies

Latest activity by SingleNoMore, 18 January, 2013 at 14:05
  • clarehj
    Beginner April 2012
    clarehj ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted them for our wedding, as my husband is french, but couldn't seem to find anywhere tjhat did it - settled for evening snacks of a cheese tower, bread, and mini fish and chip cones

I would love crepes if I was a guest - and guests appreciate anything a little different!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

We are toying with the idea, had a quote for £375 for 50-60 people for 2 hours

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content

I've never seen crepes at a wedding before until Ducky's wedding report but I absolutely love crepes and I think its a brilliant idea.

• S
    Beginner April 2013
    Sian87 ·
    • Hide content

This is a fab idea! I love crepes! Does anyone know where I could find someone who does them?

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content

Yes we had a crepe van! It wasn't exactly planned that way, but worked out really well.

We had a evening reception from 6pm. The crepe can was in situ from 5.30pm, but they knew they wouldn't need to serve anyone until after the meal.

They served from 8pm until around 11ish from a condensed 'menu' which included the classics like lemon/lime and sugar, nutella, chocolate drops and chopped banana, marshmallow and ice cream. They also did a couple of savoury options (but I wasn't interested in those!). As well as crepes they served tea, proper coffee and hot chocolate in takeaway cups.

I think we actually got a bargain, as they charged us £200 for the evening and providing they served no more than 150 crepes. The deal was, if they DID serve over 150 they would bill us extra after the event. However, as we haven't heard from them, I assume they didn't!

We had lots of compliments about the food and the idea, so if you can find someone I say go for it!

If you are anywhere near Norfolk, I can pass on their details, they were lovely people with a super-cool van.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

If you can have them, get them. They are absolutely delicious and guests at the wedding loved them!

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Wow Ducky what a bargain!! Unfortunately we're nowhere near Norfolk Smiley sad Will be marrying in Cheltenham so have had a quick look online tonight and found three companies that do it for weddings so have asked for quotes. Googley where was that company based that you got a quote from?

Crepe vans/tents at food fairs/festivals etc are becoming more and more popular so I should imagine there are plenty out there, it just might be more difficult trying to find reasonable prices for a small quantity like mine but we'll see!

And yes now we've started talking about it I think I'm more excited about the crepes than the main wedding breakfast! :-)

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

This was the company my couple had https://www.originalcrepes.co.uk/

• I
    Beginner October 2013
    Irisbride ·
    • Hide content

I think it sounds great. I would love this if I were a guest! Sadly I don't think our venue would allow it x

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hey, we're location twins! When and where are you getting married in Chelt?

We are 30th August at Ellenborough Park x x x x

PS. LOVE the crepes idea! Cheese and ham for me please!

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Daffodil - they're one of the companies I've asked for a quote!

Chickster - I know! We're fellow Cheltonians! We're getting married at The Cheltenham Park on 13 April. Looked at Ellenborough Prk but it was over our budget. August 30 eh? You've passed the 1yr mark!! Exciting! :-D

• Canary
    Beginner August 2013
    Canary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have been considering this recently after reading Ducky's report.

would you mind passing their details to me Ducky? I'm in Essex though, not too sure if that's too far from them

• *Ducky*
    Beginner July 2012
    *Ducky* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Canary - I had to add you as a fried as I couldn't send you a message. I hope you got it ok!

• G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

Only just seen this sorry, the company is based in Coventry but our wedding is in Shropshire so they're obviously willing to travel, it's ilovecrepes.co.uk

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Cheltenham Park is a lovely venue and I hear they have a great spa too!! x x x

• Missus S
    Missus S ·
    • Hide content

Check your venue allow it and if so its a great idea.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

I'm so annoyed. The venue said no. Said they won't allow any external suppliers. So I've asked them to provide the crepes instead then! And the Chef is willing to provide it and they just need to get back to me with a price. I'm now scared they're going to charge a huge premium cos they know I can't go elsewhere! I've told them how much the quotes were that I received so if they charge more I don't know how they're going to justify it.

• Peachblossom
    Beginner March 2012
    Peachblossom ·
    • Hide content

Hope they come back to you with a good price. We didn't have them for our wedding but went to a wedding 4 weeks ago which had them (provided by the venue) and they were great. All the guests really enjoyed them, they had a range of sweet and savoury fillings available and they had them available at the same time as the evening buffet.

• A
    Beginner March 2013
    ATrilly ·
    • Hide content

Everyone loves Crepes :-) Just seen this and have to say I Love Crepes are great. We seen them at a friends wedding and just loved them, so having them at our wedding. Mallows & Flake & Cream got to be my faves! I think they pretty much can do most fillings. If you google I Love Crepes then this should help

• A
    Beginner March 2013
    ATrilly ·
    • Hide content

Struggling to write these forums. I should give up, but anyway crepes is a must. Theres a few companies out there, but we experienced I Love Crepes at a friends wedding. They were delicious so we just had to have them at our wedding.

• SingleNoMore
    Beginner April 2013
    SingleNoMore ·
    • Hide content

Yeah we would've used I Love Crepes, they were really helpful, but our venue won't allow it. So the venue are now doing crepes for us. We tried some at our menu tasting and they were horrible!! But hopefully they'll sort themselves out and learn how to do them properly :-( Don't have much choice!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics