Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Ibizalovin
Beginner January 2010

Wedding cupcakes and cake... crazy prices?!?!?!

Ibizalovin, 26 October, 2011 at 16:19 Posted on Planning 0 23

Hi everyone....

Id love to know how much you are/have paid for your wedding cupcakes? Are you paying per piece or per order size? Do the flavours and decoration make a difference? The reason I ask is because I'm getting married abroad and have been quoted what I think is a lot per cupcake with no variants for size of order or design.

X

23 replies

Latest activity by ClaireMcToBe, 28 October, 2011 at 18:10
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

flavours and decoration do make a difference!! im just starting out in the cake business and alwasy wondered why prices were so high........its because beautiful designs take such a long time to do!!

What have you been quoted and for what?

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I am having 100 cupcakes, the stand and delivery and set up for £100 - all prettys and sparkly stuff on them! Im more than pleased with this price.

Sally xxx

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

These are for the evening - having a 3 tier for the day!!

Sally xxx

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Where is this from Sally, if you don't mind me asking? I'm interested in cupcakes too but everywhere I've looked they seem to be more expensive than regular wedding cakes!

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been quoted £4 per cupcake, no difference in whether I have different flavours, wrappers, icing etc. The lady is incredibly talented at hand crafted sugar flowers and huge beautiful cakes. I though dont want that and will still be charged £4 for basic sponge, basic wrapper, basic icing, fresh flower on top ?

There are of course additional costs for cake stand and knife rental.

I wanted a tower of cupcakes with a two tier cutting traditional cake at the top and its currently coming out at near £700!! ?

• Nenas
    Beginner March 2012
    Nenas ·
    • Hide content

Ours are £2 per cupcake and about £40 for a 6 inch cake for the top. That includes decorations, stand etc. Well below anything we were quoted for a 'proper' cake.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content

wow wow wow they are amazing and such a good price! wonder how long they would stay fresh for if I bought them a few days before the wedding and flew them across with us??

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Where are you going? A lot of countries have very strict restrictions about bringing food into the country.

I'd hate to think of you paying out for it all then getting told at customs you can't bring the cakes in, and having no cake.

• Ibizalovin
    Beginner January 2010
    Ibizalovin ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Spain , had a quick look and there dont seem to any issues as its EU

• kiiradee
    Beginner November 2011
    kiiradee ·
    • Hide content

mine are £30 top tier and 90 cupcakes at £1.55 each including all decor.

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

£4 each is extortionate!! But cakes will not travel well if they're delicate (which cupcakes should be). I'd shop around at your destination if I were you. I'm having a local traditional Italian cake for mine as I'm not fussed on design or anything, it's a gesture really I'm more interested in the taste than appearance. I'll be making my own cake for the party back home.

• Mrs_imp
    Beginner June 2012
    Mrs_imp ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ibizalovin

Have you contacted Candi from Ibiza wedding shop? She includes cupcakes in her wedding packages at Casa Mila and other venues, when we met her earlier in the year she said that she could do us quotes for flowers/cakes/DJ etc if we wanted- even if we didn't book our wedding through her. It would be worth a try as her packages seem very reasonable so I imagine her cakes are.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

ouch!!!

£4 seems right for the sugar flower included but for basic cupcake styleee?! i woudlnt charge that!!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Claire, she is based in Newport (South Wales) and is a friend of a friend. Where are you based?

Sally xxx

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Scotland lol, quite a distance for those little cakes to travel Smiley smile

I've now found someone who will do them for 75p a cake, her cakes look great and they are yummy!! Don't think she will do a traditional top tier though like I want, her top tier on her cake towers is usually a giant cupcake. I've asked her if she would ice a giant cupcake to look like a traditional top tier. If not I'm thinking about just buying an M&S small tier and doing the top myself!

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

Oooh, just a tad Claire ?. So glad that you have found someone tho! I personally think they are a lovely touch ?.

We are having the M&S cake as our 3 tier for the day - my best friend works for the company that makes them for M&S and she gets a very hefty discount too ?. My mum will be decorating it with ribbon and brooches and just a small (ish) fresh flower decoration on top ?.

What is your colour scheme Claire? How are the plans coming along?

Sally x

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry just saw this!

Our friends had an M&S cake last minute after their original cake maker got stuck in America with all the volcanic ash chaos! It looked amazing though, they just had a few flowers matching the bouquet and some gold ribbon, it was fantastic and you'd never have known it was from there! And tasted fab too Smiley smile

The new cake lady I have found has given me an overall price of £150 for 100 cupcakes, top tier, stand hire, delivery and set up. Can't argue with that!

My colour scheme is navy and ivory, what's yours? Plans are slow! We're waiting until February to book our venue because we'll save quite a lot of money so we can't book anything else yet in case we have to change our date at the last minute! Got an idea of my suppliers for other things, just can't book anything yet! I do however have a dress and shoes, so I'm half ready to go Smiley winking Thanks for asking!! How are yours? I'm loving chatting with other brides to be, makes it all seem more real!

Sorry OP, getting a bit off topic here lol!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics