Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Dedicated September 2022 Lancashire

Wedding date

Kimberley, 30 of April of 2021 at 13:46 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 6
Anyone else struggling with letting everyone know that they have changed there date due to certain circumstances and realised getting a load of grief for it x

6 replies

Latest activity by Kimberley, 9 of May of 2021 at 14:03
  • Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    Not had experience of this but have you sent out new save the dates/invites explaining the date change and the reasons for this? I think Hitched have a guide on how to send out “our date has changed” notices to guests.

Have you also given your guests enough notice to change plans? If they’ve booked accommodation etc and the date change is soon it might be difficult for them to swap annual leave dates and make room changes at their hotels.
  • K
    Kimberley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I have I did x
  • Ebony
    Savvy May 2023 Lincolnshire
    Ebony ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ah okay, that’s really sad to hear that people aren’t being very understanding ☹️ I would try and focus on those guests who are being positive and understanding. The guests who are being unkind or difficult need to realise it’s not their wedding. Leave them to their own devices and don’t give in to any demands, it’s your special day.
  • K
    Kimberley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank u needed to hear that x
  • E
    Curious September 2022 Kent
    Emily ·
    • Hide content
    I had my wedding booked for last may! Got changed to October and then July this year. Not even sure July will go ahead as we are supposed to be getting married in Malta. It’s difficult times and people should understand how hard it is to book a wedding let alone keep changing the dates. The people who care will be there on the day
  • K
    Kimberley ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank u and so sorry u have had to change ur date so many times xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics