Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B

Wedding date change?

22 of June of 2014 at 11:34 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi Hitchers

I've been considering changing my wedding date from 4th July, to a couple of weeks later during the school summer holidays.
I have 2 children, and I have been thinking it'll be easier to sort childcare out for honeymoon, and also be easier to arrange last minute things if they're not at school.

From a guest perspective, would it make any difference if the wedding was in the holidays do you think?
For those of you who have children, what would you rather? And do you think it would make a big difference to my planning?
We're hoping for some guests to stay with us the weekend at the venue, if that changes anything..

4 replies

Latest activity by MrsB2015, 22 of June of 2014 at 22:17
  • pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

If you had been planning on getting married in a weekday then changing it to the school holidays would make a big difference. It's not easy to take children out of school anymore. But if you've already told people to save the date etc then I think it's potentially more difficult to change it now. I think it's a weekend wedding re-reading your post so people may have made their plans. But you have over a year to go so I guess check with your key guests which would suit them. Personally, I think unless something really urgent happens, if you've set the date and told people, I wouldn't change it. Just work around it.

• donnyette
    Beginner December 2016
    donnyette ·
    • Hide content

You need to remember that the people who find it difficult to take kids out of school are also the ones that adhere to taking their holidays in school holidays. if your wedding has been booked a while, then guests may have already booked their summer holidays for the new date you are thinking of. Also, weddings for july, especially school holidays, are booked up years in advance so you would need to make sure that your date would be available first. X

• M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

If you were planning a Saturday wedding I think it makes little difference, except...if you have the days off for final prep and the kids are in school at least you have 6 hours free every day to yourself. That won't be the case in the holidays.

• M
    Beginner July 2015
    MrsB2015 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Hun. Looks like we are date twins. We choose that date because it wasn't school holidays. 2 weeks later and our honeymoon would of jumped up significantly. Are far as guest are concerned with it being a Saturday I don't see an issue. Plus a lot of people go away in school holidays so u might find more people can't attend. Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics