Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

kath79
Beginner November 2008

Wedding day lingerie

kath79, 1 of June of 2008 at 14:16 Posted on Planning 0 11

What's everyone wearing under your wedding dress?? Could you please show me any pictures that you have??

I'm not sure whether or not to go for a bra and knickers or a corset? My dress doesn't have a corset so I'm thinking a corset might give me a nice shape. What do you think of this?

11 replies

Latest activity by Celia, 30 of December of 2020 at 10:28
  • lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hey Kathryn

My dress didn't have any sort of corsetry/bodicing either so thought I'd go for a corset. However all the ones I found just squashed my boobs and the ones which I think were a better shape and would have lifted cost a lot and I def wouldn't wear it again.

In the end I just went for a strapless bra and found it at Figleaves - its the Elle MacPhearson Coronto http://www.figleaves.com/uk/productzoom.asp?product_id=MC-E74-164&colour=white and is nicer IRL I think and stays up well.

Would def recommend Figleave as you can return unwanted items meaning you can order various sizes styles to make your mind up.

Lisa x

• sdaisy22
    Beginner October 2008
    sdaisy22 ·
    • Hide content

My dress does have an inbuilt corset (although it's a zip up back, it has a corset inside) so I'm thinking I'll probably get away without a bra or anything. Then I'm just going to get a nice pair of knickers and probably a suspender belt so I can wear stockings although I'm still undecided - might just go for hold ups. I need to make sure whatever I get won't be seen through my dress.

But I'm going to get a corset or similar for the night cos they main thing H2B keeps going on about is my wedding night lingerie ?

That one looks really lovely - where's it from?

• Duck no more
    Beginner
    Duck no more ·
    • Hide content

I really wanted a corset & went into a good independent shop , i explained what it was for & the lady told me that they were not very comfortable , not enough to wear all day , it was £135 to , so i knew she was being honest , because i really wanted it.

Like sdaisy22 i might get one for night.

• kath79
    Beginner November 2008
    kath79 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls...

Hi Lisa- , that bra is lovely. I'll defo have a look at figleaves.BTW, have you changed your email address to your married name?

Daisy - I just googled wedding corsets and it came up with this site :

https://www.miodestino.com/boutique/section.php/337/4/all-bridal-sale-items which is where that corset is from.

I don't have much boobage ? so I'm not necessarily after much support, I just wanted a more defined waist. I might have to try different styles on first to see what looks and feels better.

• F
    Beginner August 2009
    Fairy_Bride ·
    • Hide content

That corset is lovely - sophisticated yet sexy! Al depends how it looks and feels - the last thing u want on ur wedding day is to feel uncomfortable.

x

• sdaisy22
    Beginner October 2008
    sdaisy22 ·
    • Hide content

Lol...after this thread just talked to H2B about my lingerie and what he'd like me to wear...looked at a few things online which I thought he'd like and he started talking about some underwear I already have and how much he likes it - that I should wear something like that. It's a very plain and boring cream thong from the M&S body range...but apparently that's what he'd like me to wear. £6 and I'm sorted! ?

I think I'm going to have to get something else as well though!

• wonderstuff
    Beginner August 2009
    wonderstuff ·
    • Hide content

I've got this bra to wear under my wedding dress. Is fantastic - wore it two full days and didn't slip down at all (I thought it might with my 38F boobs 😄)

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Hiya, nope email is still the same. x

• willownat1
    Beginner September 2008
    willownat1 ·
    • Hide content

You could try a waspie? also if you are unused to wearing corsets they can be uncomfortable. I live in mine so I am thinking of getting a waspie for under my dress.If You did have your heart set on wearing the corset or even a waspie I would suggest to buy it early and wear it as much as you can to get it to the right shape for you and to get used to wearing it. Corsets cannot be laced too tightly until they are worn in as you can damage the bones. There is a new spiral steel boning that some use now that are more flexible and a lot more comfortable, they allow you to sit down a lot easier plus they give the hourglass shape too.

Bra wise I have got one of these from figleaves, and I am very impressed with it. I just dont need as I have had cups sewn into my dress (Its the bandeau bra)

• kath79
    Beginner November 2008
    kath79 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks girls...

think I might just go for a nice bra as I'm thinking that it might get a bit uncomfortable wearing a corset all day.

From what I remember of my dress (I ordered it a year ago?) it gave me a pretty good shape without any underwear on so I should be ok with a nice bra.

• saz71
    Rockstar December 2008
    saz71 ·
    • Hide content

My dress is a corset back so will only need knickers for the day. However, I have bought this for the wedding night/honeymoon though which is lovely (and not too expensive) - if you're thinking of wearing it under a dress there's quite alot of detail though which may show through.

http://www.lingerieexpress.co.uk/Stunning-Tapestry-Strapless-Corset-p-4014.html

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics