Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Carol1
Beginner June 2010

Wedding Day Logistics - what are you doing for a bag?

Carol1, 7 June, 2010 at 14:12 Posted on Planning 0 14

Hi there,

My wedding is on 18th June 2010!!! I'm very excited, and touch wood everything seems to be organised.

I just don't know what to do about a bag for the day. I orginally thought I would use a small pouch and my mum could carry it in her handbag, and I could access it when necessary. But last week she proudly showed me her new clutch for the day, and there will be no room for my stuff in there.

I don't know how I can ask my bridesmaids, as they will be in the same situation as me, needing to walk down the aisle carrying a bouquet.

Can you tell me what you are doing or have done?

-----------------
Secondly..... the small pouch I was planning to use I took out on my hen do and broke it! if I do buy a small clutch, I saw one in debenhams which is dark red, and would match my bridesmaids outfits. Do you think that would look like a good contrast with my ivory dress?

14 replies

Latest activity by princess fantasia, 7 June, 2010 at 21:34
  • Josiep00
    Beginner December 2010
    Josiep00 ·
    • Hide content

I have heard other brides asking their OH to have their essentials in their pockets (e.g. lip gloss!/ eye liner).

I don't think you'll be needing to carry a lot round with you. See if you can sneak your phone in someone from the Bridal Party (BM) bag (just in case of emergency!).

• Houdini
    Beginner August 2010
    Houdini ·
    • Hide content

Will you need a bag during the day?

Give all your suppliers your Bridesmaid or Best Man's (whoever you trust most!) phone number and they can be contacted instead of you in the morning. Then you won't need anything during the ceremony! If need be, have a bag for the evening and leave it with someone you trust.

I have a bag for the evening and will be leaving it with my sister on her baby's buggy! It won't have anything valuable in it (will charge drinks to the room if no one else buys me one and everyone I know will be there so no need for mobile again!) so I have no problem leaving it. Failing that, you could get it left behind the bar.

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

TBH most of the time things like lippy etc. get shoved in your mum's bag then you can just grab her when needed and the groom doesn't have stuffed pockets

• watsonnicole1
    Beginner October 2010
    watsonnicole1 ·
    • Hide content

A Bag.. Well, I'd never even thought about it, but like others I think i will just give others my essentials to hold for me. i wouldn't even think I could ever find a bag to match my dress without spending some severe time looking around on the net.

XxX

• B
    Beginner July 2010
    brideseekingblush ·
    • Hide content

Mine are just in a bag! I'm going to get my sister to take it to the venue and put it by my seat and then for the evening (once I've ditched my bouquet) I can just carry it. It's a little clutch and was £5 from M&S

• Daisy82
    Beginner
    Daisy82 ·
    • Hide content

Was going to put everything in my mum's bag as she has never known to take a small bag anywhere x

Hadn't thought about giving all the suppliers OH's number. that's a good idea and then I won't get stressed out!

• Gillsy
    Beginner April 2010
    Gillsy ·
    • Hide content

I was going to buy myself a bag but in the end I just gave my lip gloss etc to my BMs - they had little bags that they gave to their partners during the ceremony and got them back later.

• T
    Beginner August 2010
    terianna ·
    • Hide content

My MOH is DOING me a bag with all bits i will need for the big day lippy mints ect not reallly sure what eles as its ment to be a surprise for me her MOH done it for her i just thought it was what they done guess i'm just really lucky. she has picked a bag to go with my dress and everything. x

• aecy
    Beginner October 2011
    aecy ·
    • Hide content

My two adult BMs are having matching clutch bags and wrist corsages (ones a teenager and can not be seperated from her mobile, ever) And i've already blagged space in their bags for essentials ?

• BoroKate
    Beginner September 2010
    BoroKate ·
    • Hide content

Yet another thing I haven't thought of. I'll probably have a bag with a bit of make up in and leave in in the car at the church. When we get to the reception I'll leave it in the hotel room.

• queencrunchy
    queencrunchy ·
    • Hide content

I'm not sure what to do either. I'm a bit of a big bag lady and feel a bit lost if I go out with a little clutch or something. I'm hoping my venue will have somewhere I can put my bag (maybe behind the bar or something) so I know I've got everything to hand.

• P
    Beginner September 2010
    princess fantasia ·
    • Hide content

Well the best bit about being Scottish is my other half will be in his kilt, with a handy man bag sporran round his waist, all my stuff can go in that Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics