Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

C
Curious May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire

Wedding day makeup

Chan1994, 10 of April of 2022 at 19:55 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 4
Hello, I was just wondering if anyone could offer any advice on some makeup products I am wanting to try for the wedding. Before I buy them I thought it might help to hear some people's thoughts on them and if they are long lasting!
I have the nars radiant long wear foundation and I'm going to get the concealer. What I'm really struggling with is powder. I have powders I use on an everyday basis, but I want one that I know for definite won't have a flashback or create a white cast. So the ones I am considering are the It cosmetics bye bye pores, Laura mercier translucent powder and Nars light reflecting setting powder. If anyone could give reviews it really would be such a big help!

Mascara-too faced better than sex (waterproof)MACstack Benefit they're real
Lipstick-Charlotte tilburyMACTom fordOr stick to my favourite lipsticks which are Loreal?
Again, just wanting some advice and to hear what people think works best. I know people have different skin types, these are products I have researched and even tried a couple before, I'm just wondering how they photo and how they last on the face on a very long, possibly quite warm(wedding is the end of may) day!

4 replies

Latest activity by Lowryd774, 29 of September of 2023 at 12:44
  • R
    Beginner August 2021
    RomanticYellowConfetti93312 ·
    • Hide content
    I had 2 makeup trials and hated them both! I have since decided I am doing my own makeup on the day. Do you have a good primer as that’s key for starting your makeup and keeping it long lasting through out the day??

I have the Laura Mercier powder and wouldn’t turn back! It’s so nice as soon as you put it on your skin. It doesn’t look powdery at all and it doesn’t dry my skin out.
    I bought MAC - daddy’s girl lipstick for my wedding day, it’s a lovely satin pink, the girl at the counter recommended it for me and she said a lot of brides tend to have this one.
    I also bought the urban decay setting spray! Crucial if you want your makeup to stay in place and always feel this is a good one to use.
    My wedding is the end of May also!!
  • A
    Beginner October 2023 Cheshire
    Anon ·
    • Hide content
    I would 100% recommend Laura mercier translucent powder! Doesn’t leave you looking like a white ghost but does keep everything in place and fairly shine free without being too heavy
  • C
    Chan1994 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great to know! I'll check the lipstick out too Smiley smile I love the UD setting spray, being a favourite for years! Ooh not long now!! It's so exciting!
  • C
    Chan1994 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! So glad to hear people recommending it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics