Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelssie
Beginner July 2022 Dorset

Wedding Day Timeline

Kelssie, 20 of January of 2022 at 11:46 Posted on Planning 2 8

Hello everyone,

Wondering if anyone can help or have any resources they may have used when creating a wedding day timeline? We don't have a wedding planner and a lot of this is DIY wedding, we are getting married in July and our church ceremony begins at 1:30pm.

Any help, suggestions or advice would be hugely appreciated!

Thank you Smiley smile

8 replies

Latest activity by RaymondBix, 31 of January of 2022 at 13:58
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

If you are after when timings should be for photos meal etc it all depends on if you are having a meal, cocktails, travel between venues, photo shoot etc. If you can give some ideas of what you are doing I am sure we can then help with timings.

For the actual order, have a look at Canva to design invites and order of the day, there are tons of templates on the free version and you can customize the colour palette on some as well. You can then print them off yourself or through a print service. In terms of the layout it is simple but you could google wedding Order of the Day examples to get a feel of how it can look

I will be honest, we have put a rough timeline on the info page on the website as we are trying to be more sustainable by not printing, and people can have it to hand without carrying a bit of paper around as it will be on their phone, but also things don't run to time so didn't want to be too strict, the main thing is food timing so people know if they need to have a big breakfast!

• Kelssie
    Kelssie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hello Charlotte Smiley smile

Thank you for commenting!

It is for the daily events, from the church - reception - dinner etc.

We are getting married at 13:30pm in a church ceremony.

Our reception is in a marquee (very much DIY wedding) - we would like guests to have some arrival drinks, our dinner choice is a hog-roast and were thinking an earlier time for dinner.

Not sure when to get the Bar to open, DJ to start and then speeches/first dance etc.

I will look at those sites you've mentioned as well.

• Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So your ceremony will be done by 2pm ish, then say an hour for photos, then back to venue by 3.15pm(not sure how far it is from church so adjust accordingly).

You can then have drinks reception till 4.30pm (an hour) and call for food to eat at 4.30 as even with hog roast it will take time to serve everyone. I would then have speeches at say 5.30-6pm, and depending on how long they take youcould do cake cutting at same time and I would have bar open straight after so between 6-6.30pm I would then have DJ from 7pm as this gives you a buffer if things over run but allows people time to stretch their legs and freshen up for the evening. If you are having evening guests set your start time as 7pm and first dance at 7.30pm to allow time for evening guests to all arrive.

• Kelssie
    Kelssie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you so much for your help/advice Charlotte Smiley smile!

• PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Your Church ceremony at 1.30 will mean that you will not be outside and mingling being congratulated until 2.30. The service is only usually 40 mins but allowing for you to be upto 10 mins late then everyone filtering out of the Church a "safe estimate of time is 2.30.

Then even if you only have a couple of shots at the Church and confetti you may not be in the car and moving until 3pm

Then there is the travel time to your venue 15 mins ? =3.15pm arrive

Then everyone else has to arrive grab a drink and join you for any photos you want. This drinks time and photo time is usually 1 to 1.5 hours = 4.45pm call to sit for hog roast

Everyone ready to eat at 4.30

Depending on how many courses you have allow 2.5 hours with speeches = 6.30pm

Tell your evening guests that the evening starts at 7-7.30

Dj will be set up ready for 7.30 and play low level stuff until your first dance at 8pm

Then PARTY ON.

Your bar should be open from when your guest arrive from the Church.

• Kelssie
    Kelssie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Smiley smile

• Michal
    South Yorkshire
    Michal ·
    • Hide content

Hi, see if this is helpful: https://www.ufniak.co.uk/typical-order-wedding-day-timeline/ I'm a photographer so that's from a photographer's point of view but could give you some ideas :-)

• Kelssie
    Kelssie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you Michal Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics