Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sophie
Beginner February 2024 Hampshire

Wedding Day Timings!/hair & Makeup Advice

Sophie, 6 of July of 2022 at 21:21 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 0 3
Hello!

Our wedding day isnt until Feb 2024 but I'm suuuuuper organised! I have 5 bridesmaids and me to get ready on the day and our ceremony starts at 2pm.
Im thinking of getting hairstylists/MUA to arrive about 8/8.30am in the morning as I want to give enough time but also not start the day too early! Does this seem right? We'll be getting ready at the venue so no travel time needed!
Also, does anyone have any recommendations for MUA in the Hampshire area? Been struggling with that mostly as prices I've seen vary so much!
Many thanks.

3 replies

Latest activity by Charlotte, 18 of July of 2022 at 15:35
  • Lucy
    Savvy September 2022 Hampshire
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    Hi. I am getting married in 6 weeks and just sorted out our final timings. I am getting ready at the venue and just having hair and makeup for me, make up for two bridesmaids and hair for one flower girl. The MUA has asked to start at 9am for a 2pm ceremony so I am thinking you may need two people for what you need. It is best to check with your MUA though as they will know their timings.
  • S
    Savvy July 2022 Essex
    Suzanne ·
    • Hide content
    I would also ask your photographer what time they would like to start with pictures too, as they will have an idea on timings. One of the things I read that stuck in my mind is often brides end up rushed & stressed at the last stages getting ready & don’t give themselves enough time to get into dress, jewellery etc …..for me I got my hair done In the middle of my family & make-up 2nd to end so I had plenty of time to enjoy getting ready …..after all if I needed a touch up my mua was still there ….enjoy x
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

Your MUA will likely work out the timings for you once they have an idea of numbers and styles you want as some take longer than others, they will also need to know what time you have to leave as although you are at the venue you will need to see registrar 15 mins before ceremony, and it may be they see you in a different part of the venue, or if they can come to your getting ready room this will save time, also need to consider getting you in your dress etc. Depends where you are in Hampshire, I used Makeovers by Melinda (her facebook page name) She was fantastic as were her team who came on the day, our hair and make up stayed all day and she kept us calm and stress free on the morning helping us get ready and nothing was too much trouble. Wwe had a trial and she kept trying different looks until I was happy, so would recomend her as she is happy to travel. We had originally booked with Sharon at Eye candy who cancelled on me 6 weeks before the wedding without a real explenation and took an age to get deposit back so I would avoid that one when you are looking!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics