Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner May 2019

Wedding deposit down, 2 years to go?.....

JadeMayWedding2019, 2 of July of 2017 at 22:11 Posted on Planning 0 4

We just put a deposit down today for our wedding venue , our wedding is in just short of two years, 23rd May 2019.

it might seem abit far in advance but to stay one step ahead is there anything that we can do now? The venue said they'd contact us closer to the time (6months) to start planning everything then. But is there anything anyone can think of that we can do now that will help us be a little bit ahead when we get closer to the time?

Thanks in advance everyone!

4 replies

Latest activity by Diomiakoro, 28 of April of 2022 at 13:54
  • B
    Beginner July 2018
    Blondie_bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

We booked ours about 2 years in advance too and i am just over a year off until my date!

As soon as I booked the venue I started looking at caterers. Once that was booked done I started looking at photographers, then bands, then the dress then flowers. I now have all the big stuff sorted.

I am a bit of a control freak so it's important to me to plan ahead and I am not stressed out nearer the time. You have plenty of time so I think it depends on your personal preferences.

I found that photographers in particular can get booked up quickly so if there is one in particular you are after maybe start to consider approaching them?

xx

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Wedding insurance, photographer and any catering. Look at any planning guides and just check off anything that's reasonable to book now. If there's anything specific that you want that may be hard to find, research it now.

May also be worth booking the honeymoon.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you'll be getting married on a Thursday?

Thursday's aren't popular for weddings so you should be able to get all of your bookings no problem and even ask for a few cheeky discounts! (Mine is exactly one year before yours)

• V
    Beginner May 2024 Rotterdam
    Vibe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

When you booked it 2 years in advance Did you have to pay all of it right away or could you pay a small amount?

• Ostira
    Dedicated October 2023 Durham
    Ostira ·
    • Hide content
    I like to plan ahead also and I am going to pay my venue off in October this year as our wedding is next October. I think organising your style, colour scheme, floral arrangements, looking into photographers, florists, jewellers etc will be great head start even 2 years prior!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics