Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2014

Wedding dessert ideas - help!

Linxie, 30 of August of 2013 at 12:06 Posted on Planning 0 15

I need to pick a dessert for our wedding and I really have no idea! They gave us some suggestions and the only one that was a possibility was strawberry cheesecake.

I don't want anything too heavy as we are marrying in April so I would prefer something lighter and fruity (rather than chocolate). Also we are having fish & chips for main so people might not have much room left for a heavy dessert.

Any ideas? What did you pick for your desserts?

This is hard for me as I am vegan so will not be eating or even tasting this. And my OH doesn't like desserts ?

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

15 replies

Latest activity by ~Curley~, 30 of August of 2013 at 19:43
  • miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

We are having fish and chips for our main and have been offered chocolate fudge cake or lemon tart as our dessert.

Like you say, fish and chips is quite heavy so think we are going to go for the lemon tart is it will be quite light and refreshing [I think our guests might struggle to eat chocolate fudge cake after fish, chips, bread and butter and mushy peas!].

• B
    Beginner July 2013
    bellaZ ·
    • Hide content

We had a pavlova with strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants. It was delicious.

• DrBuffles
    Beginner August 2014
    DrBuffles ·
    • Hide content

We were struggling to choose as ours is August and we are having a red meat main course. Our caterers suggested a mini trio which will look good and hopefully have something for everyone.

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Lemon tart, creme brulee, apple tart tatin with clotted cream ice cream, yummy!! Eton Mess. Trio of desserts is a good idea too. Very hungry now :-)

• H
    Beginner August 2014
    HundredMonkeys ·
    • Hide content

We are having ice cream with sprinkles :-) probably serving our sponge wedding cake too. We are having quite a heavy main too.

• Feb2014Bride
    Beginner February 2014
    Feb2014Bride ·
    • Hide content

Our is between Baileys creme brulee and Chocolate and mint torte ..... We will chose during our food tasting in october - swaying towards Baileys though sounds lovely.

• P
    Beginner August 2014
    Purplemunchkin ·
    • Hide content

We're having pavlova as it 'looks weddingy' and we're not having a cake.

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

We had the choice of a lot to pick our top 3, stiky toffee pudding with ice cream & butterscotch sauce was the one we'll have probably. Pavlova with fruit was the other choice and I think cheesecake we'll go with.

You should b able to speak to your caterers about vegan choices, we're all vegetarian and told them and they gave us so many more options that weren't on the original menu & have vegan desserts too. Think they usually say to specify if you have any special dietary requirements so you should enquire about that, don't want to miss out when it's your big day Smiley smile

• L
    Beginner December 2013
    Little-One ·
    • Hide content

We had our menu tasting last Thursday and dessert was the most difficult thing to choose! Winter wedding so have gone for vanilla pod creme brûlée with shortbread! Mmmmmm- and I'm not a dessert person either!

• Soon2bMrsCB
    Beginner July 2014
    Soon2bMrsCB ·
    • Hide content

We are having black currant cheesecake served in tea cups, it's the only desert OH eats x

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

We have a few to choose from and some of my faves for a lighter choice are Raspberry & Vanilla Creme Brulee, Raspberry Pavlova or Lemon Tart with creme fraiche. Lemon is lovely and refreshing after a big meal, so even a lemon gateau or cheesecake would be a good choice. I'm ashamed to say that I've never actually had a souffle, but they're light too aren't they? Maybe a nice sweet souffle would work well too.

• Red Kite
    Beginner
    Red Kite ·
    • Hide content

We're having cheeseboards (split between four - four different cheese, crackers, grapes, chutney) . Nom nom nom.

I have no idea what the guests will do if they hate cheese....crackers and grapes?

• Y
    Beginner April 2014
    YellowDuckie ·
    • Hide content

We've not decided yet but it's likely to be Eton mess as its my OHs favourite dessert. He's picky about it though, so it'll have to be good at the tasting!

• L
    Beginner April 2014
    Linxie ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your really helpful ideas and suggestions ?

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

A nice fruit pavlova for something fresh and light. That's one of our choices as well as chocolate pud.

Xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics