Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner June 2022 Co Armagh

Wedding doing prank

Mary, 10 of June of 2022 at 22:42 Posted on Etiquette and Advice 0 9
I'm getting married in two weeks and my friends and family have started to mention giving me and my husband to be a doing. My sister has tipped me off it will be this week. I have begged but they think it is a great prank. Im a teacher so don't want any fuss. Has anyone any advise?

9 replies

Latest activity by RomanticGreenStationery27135, 21 of June of 2022 at 21:25
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content

I have never heard of this, maybe is a US think, but it honestly it sounds horrific! I think you will have to have a conversation and put your foot down to say that you do not under any circumstances want this, tell them that it has been causing you major anxiety and stress that you don't need so close to the wedding, and as your friends and family they need to respect your choice, do they really want be upsetting you? I hope you can sort it out, it may be difficult but you have to say something now and be clear it is not acceptable

• M
    Mary ·
    • Hide content
    So they got us tonight, tied us both to back of trailer and covered us in eggs and flour doing laps of town centre for everyone to see us. It's a northern ireland thing least that's over with
  • Kayleigh
    Rockstar October 2023 Bristol
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content

I would go ape shit if someone did that to me O_O

• M
    Mary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lucky for me I was in my uniform, but they stripped my husband to be down to his boxers. My hair still sticky
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh no! How do you feel about it though? For me personally I would be really upset with them but I know other people enjoy pranks x

• M
    Mary ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was very worried about it tbh more because I have heard of people being injured as prank when too far. It was very embarrassing but when we where caught you just have to go with it. Unfortunately for me I was in skirt for uniform and high shoes so there was no escape. My husband to be was freezing. Does anything like this happen in any other areas or just northern ireland
  • Kayleigh
    Kayleigh ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I hear about it a lot for stag dos but can't say its something I've heard of in general xx

• L
    Dedicated September 2023 Derbyshire
    Lizzie ·
    • Hide content
    I've seen similar at motorbike rallies when it's someone's first time ('virgining') but never connected to weddings.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It used to happen sometimes on mainland UK but I haven't heard of it for a while.

You're a lot more forgiving than I am - I'd be charging them with kidnap and assault (which is what it is - especially as you made it clear you didn't want it).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics