Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2015

Wedding dress + big boobs!

Kerrypug, 10 of August of 2014 at 16:11 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi everyone

I'm getting married next August and plan to look for my dress from January. I'm slightly overweight and I'm looking to sort that out anyway, but I've always had a big chest so I doubt that will change much.

I recently helped my friend (who will also be my bridesmaid and is a similar size and shape) into her wedding dress which was a strapless corseted style and I thought that it wasn't for me - I'd want something less restricting, especially for the time of year! Her strapless style was also very low cut which meant her chest was a bit too obvious for me, so I was wondering if anyone could recommend some styles and also maybe the best kind of underwear? I don't know if dresses generally come with a suitable built in bra but I think I'd be more comfortable wearing a bra - knowing I was always supported and not spilling out or anything.

Some advice from some ladies who'd been there and done that would be a great help :-)

Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by Kerrypug, 10 of August of 2014 at 20:35
  • M
    Making-Things-Happen ·
    • Hide content

Hi there,

I've not been there and done that but have had a quick Google and found the following site which seems quite comprehensive:

http://www.bigbustsupport.com/wedding_dress_that_flatters_a_big_bust.html

Hope that helps,

Sarah

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content

The corset dresses are not restricting really but are very supportive. I had one first time round, wore it without a bra and was fine all day. I'm a 30G.

• Cache13
    Beginner August 2015
    Cache13 ·
    • Hide content

I'm a 32F but bought my dress when I was a 34G - I've got a pronovias dress that isn't structured but it does have straps and actually feels really supportive when the straps are fitted too me, I will have cups sewn in or may ever wear a bra with it but without it I feel amazing too Smiley smile

• Jessie0410
    Beginner July 2015
    Jessie0410 ·
    • Hide content

This is something I have been worrying about too as being a 34G there's no way I'd feel comfortable enough not wearing a bra! I bought my perfect dress over the weekend which has lace covering around the front however the back of the dress goes very low, meaning I couldn't wear a normal bra! Having expressed my concern to the girls in store they've suggested loads of great strapless low fitting bras which fasten around your waist instead. I'm still nervous about trying them with my dress in case they don't give me enough support but there's plenty of options out there, you can also get low strap bra converters (dunno if they'll be any good) but suppose it's just a case of trying different options!

Also suggested was to add bra cups to the dress so this could be an option so you feel more secure.

• K
    Beginner August 2015
    Kerrypug ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the advice and links so far. I am currently a K cup and I know of precisely one bra that goes strapless up to this size! I'm on a budget so it's not likely that I'll go to a real bridal boutique style store, but if I was to find a dress that fit my boobs in but will be too big around the waist, I could always get it altered, maybe see if anything else can be done too.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics