Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Markandlisa2022
Beginner May 2022 Nottinghamshire

Wedding Dress

Markandlisa2022, 18 of May of 2021 at 13:41 Posted on Beauty & Wellbeing 1 10
Hi all in hitched land... I’m currently a 14-16 U.K. size have gone from a size 20 but I’m really struggling to overcome this plateau I’ve hit,
I’m seriously frustrated lol any suggestions

10 replies

Latest activity by Markandlisa2022, 19 of May of 2021 at 13:05
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! That is a great achievment. What has been your diet so far? If you have done this one way so far maybe it's time to alter it ever so slightly e.g a different exercise routine, one more food change or just more water? Good luck!
  • Melissab
    Dedicated June 2022 Surrey
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    On the assumption that you are already eating reduced calories, you will need to up your exercise. Your metabolic rate slows as you lose weight, which may be the cause of your plateau. If you’re not already, add resistance training to your exercise. Try and eat a high protein diet (the body uses more calories to digest protein).
  • Markandlisa2022
    Markandlisa2022 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lovely thank you I shall add more resistance training to my routine and up my protein - I wasn’t aware the MBR slowed, I already gave a slow thyroid (borderline) so that’s interesting x thank you
  • Markandlisa2022
    Markandlisa2022 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, it’s been a battle after 7 children - I’ve stuck to slimming world up until lockdown, then recently (last week) joined WW - I do a lot of dancing and I’m increasing my walking distance. I am struggling with fibromyalgia at the moment so a lot of exercises are off limits according to my doctor
  • Melissab
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    When you start to lose rate you also lose some muscle. Muscle helps keep the rate at which you burn calories up, hence the MBR drop at plateau. The resistance training builds up some muscle. Dumbbells or resistance bands will help x
  • Markandlisa2022
    Markandlisa2022 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for your advice. X Any particular weight to begin with with dumbbells? I have just ordered resistance bands 😊
  • Melissab
    Melissab ·
    • Hide content
    Difficult to say, as it depends on your reps and set. Between 5-10lb (2-5kg) can be a good starting point. If you’ve got something like a bag of flour at home, start with that. If you find it easy, you’ll know to aim for something heavier in weight x
  • Markandlisa2022
    Markandlisa2022 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ok thank you so much x I’ll give that a go
  • Louise
    Rockstar March 2022 Devon
    Louise ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow sounds like you're healthy regardless! A friend of mine has fibromyalgia too (interestingly she said it all but ceased during breast feeding) and when her second had a dairy intolerance, she switched to soya and things and dropped quite a bit of weight just from that (she also did no exercise)
  • Markandlisa2022
    Markandlisa2022 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww bless her I agree breastfeeding mine helped stave off the flare ups with me too. Other than the fibro I’m in great health which can at times be frustrating - soya sadly aggravates slow thyroid issues (7 kids hammers your metabolism lol) but I’ll try it again see if it helps as dairy is my trigger food 😛

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics