Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner October 2022 Cambridgeshire

Wedding dress

Kate, 29 of November of 2021 at 12:53 Posted on Wedding Attire 2 18

Hello. this will be my second wedding,

we have just booked our beautiful vintage car and well my mother thinks i shouldn't have another wedding dress, i found a dress and i love it and its not all that expensive.

would you have the white wedding dress or just a nice dress?~

with me having the car and everything

18 replies

Latest activity by Lau, 23 of December of 2021 at 14:01
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    2nd wedding to same hubby? In honesty if you want a different srws s then have one, is your decision but if 1st wedding was a different hubby you must have a new one
  • K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Different hubby. My mum said it's an unnecessary expense
  • Charlotte
    VIP April 2022 Wiltshire
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I am 2nd time round and there is no way I would use the same dress, not fair on my new hubby to think I am wearing same dress as 1st marriage, which failed miserably! You could go for ahigh street type dress if you want to save on cost or 2nd hand one from the osfam wedding shop but you definitely should have a different dress x
  • K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi sorry, no not talking about the same dress.
  • K
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    I'd do whatever you want! Lots of ladies go the whole hog for a second marriage. It's your day and you want to feel like a bride after all 😁 do what makes you happy x
  • K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you.
  • K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your comments, I've decided that i wanna do everything right this time, right dress, right transport and defo right man lol so im gonna do what i want... thank you again

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

Do what you want. It may not be your first time getting married, but it's your first time getting married to your new husband. If a nice dress is an 'unnecessary expense' second time around, it's like saying your second marriage isn't as important as the first one. And unless you're expecting your mother to pay for it, whether you have a new dress or not is none of her business.

• K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly. Thank you. That's what my partner said we are paying for it.
  • K
    Curious July 2023 Lincolnshire
    Kelly ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good for you! Hope your day is everything you want 🙂
  • B
    Beginner June 2022 Saint Helier
    Bex ·
    • Hide content

Do whatever you like! I'm getting married for the second time next year and my dress cost 3x more than my first. We're also going all out with our dream venue, nice cars, lots of flowers, double the guests.

My first wedding I scrimped and saved and probably knew it my heart it didn't matter because it wouldn't last. This time we're going all out, no expense spared Smiley smile

• K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I'm kinda like that. I've got the venue I want the transport I love and the dress I love and the groom definitely what I want.
  • Kate7695
    Dedicated May 2022 East Riding of Yorkshire
    Kate7695 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You should do whatever you want to do! It's your wedding, your decision. If you want to wear a brand new dress, get one! As long as you feel beautiful that's all that matters. Your mum should just be happy you are happy (hope I'm not out of line with this last comment) xx
  • K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No your not out of line. Thank you
  • I Do
    Curious September 2022 Buckinghamshire
    I Do ·
    • Hide content
    2nd time round here too. My mum said she'd assumed I'd want a dress I could wear again..... she assumed wrong! I don't want to look like a guest or a bridesmaid. I've gone for a non-flamboyant wedding dress... with a train!
    Also, as I'm paying for it this time and not mum, I didn't have to worry about how much she would have to spend.
    It's your wedding, do whatever makes you happy!

(You can always sell the dress on afterwards if you're worried about the cost.)
  • K
    Kate ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you.
    My mum had the same thought but this wedding is as important as my first was.

• Z
    Curious June 2022 Lisboa
    Zoe ·
    • Hide content
    Hi
    I would have whatever you want. Just because it’s a second wedding it doesn’t make it less special.
    Z
  • Jess
    Dedicated October 2022 Worcestershire
    Jess ·
    • Hide content

You should absolutely have the dress that you want! If it's from a money perspective, you don't have to spend a fortune on a wedding dress anymore. Above all, I think the worst thing would be looking back on your big day and regretting your dress choice if you just went with a 'nice dress'. You also run the risk of someone turning up wearing the same!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics