Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner September 2024 West Yorkshire

Wedding dress

Amc, 21 of July of 2024 at 12:47 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 2
Hi, I bought my wedding dress August 2023 with my wedding September 24! At my first fitting after my dress arriving I tried it on.. far too tight! Can’t comfortably walk or sit down at all!! The dress shop ordered my dress in a uk 8, normal clothing I’m a uk 10. My next fitting for alterations is in a few weeks and I'm terrified to try it on again! Has anyone experienced this and had the dress comfortably taken out and it all be okay on the day? I’m so worried it’s not going to fit on the day.

2 replies

Latest activity by Lucy, 4 of August of 2024 at 20:53
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

What did the dress shop say about alterations? They are used to doing this kind of thing all the time, so hopefully should be able to give you an accurate idea of what is feasible.

Does your weight fluctuate a lot? If you've put on a bit since you were first measured, you might lose it again before the next fitting.

• L
    Curious July 2025 Greater Manchester
    Lucy ·
    • Hide content
    I’m sure you can take it out if it’s just a bit tight. I’m sure a lot of wedding dresses go through these types of alterations. I wouldn’t worry too much. Speak with the shop when you go to try it on and see what they suggest. I’m sure they’ve had many similar cases and I’m sure it’ll all end up perfect!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics