Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

N
Beginner August 2016

Wedding dress alterations

nlh118, 26 of October of 2015 at 16:11 Posted on Planning 0 3

I'm praying for some reassurance here! I'm wondering how easy it will be to get this dress hemmed up... can anyone advise? If you zoom in on the photos it doesn't look possible that the scalloped hem is sewn on separately, in fact the whole thing looks too intricate to be messed with! I'm having a mild panic right now that any alterations are going to mess up the detailing and line of my dress ?

Also, the neckline comes down quite low at the front on me (the model must be about 7 foot, I'm sure). so for it to fit me correctly the top part would need to be adjusted too. The diamante band that sits so elegantly under her breasts is half way down to my waist! I feel like I've made a mistake with this dress...

http://moncheribridals.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/115240_Wedding_dresses_2015_spring.jpg

http://moncheribridals.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/115240_BACK_Wedding_dresses_2015_spring.jpg

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePinkCars201, 27 of October of 2015 at 07:38
  • M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Its a beautiful dress Smiley smile

I have no idea when it comes to alterations to be honest but i would bet money on it that any good quality seamstress would be able to alter this dress to fit you whilst keeping the style of the dress the same.

If you are thinking of buying it from a bridal shop, ask the staff in there as they would have no doubt altered this for someone before.

Good luck but i would be very surprised if you couldnt get this one otherwise they would only be able to see to people of a certain height.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Ditto

MrsLBToB

not many brides would be that exact height.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

Wow beautiful dress! I tried on a dress in one shop that had really intricate lace at the bottom and my mum happened to enquire how they would manage to take it up and they explained how the seamstress does it. I'm really sorry i can't remember how she said they did it but I know it IS possible, although I think it takes a lot of time so may be more expensive than a more simple dress would cost to alter. Don't panic, like the others said they wouldn't sell it if it wasn't possible.

• E
    Beginner May 2016
    ExpensivePinkCars201 ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous dress! I'm pretty sure that any good seamstress will be able to make the necessary alterations. It is expected that practically every wedding dress will have some sort of alterations so it must be possible.

My dress also has a lot of lace detail (Emma by Maggie Sottero) and I had to order the extra length as the regular was too short. I've not tried it on with my actual wedding shoes yet but I'm pretty sure a little bit of length will have to come off. I spoke to the seamstress and she said she has altered about 3 Emma's this year so I'm pretty confident in her abilities.

I would suggest talking to the seamstress and I'm sure she'll put your mind at rest.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics