Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Dream Team Dean
Beginner October 2013

Wedding Dress Alterations- Time Limit??

Dream Team Dean, 25 March, 2013 at 10:28 Posted on Planning 0 3

So great news is, my wedding dress arrived in store last month (was not expecting it until May so was over 2 months early) and it is gorgeous. I absolutely love it.

I have collected and it is currently at my MIL house awaiting for alterations. I called the alteration service last week, which was recommended at my bridal shop and they advised me that i would be booked into fitting on 21/09/2013 which is a month before my wedding.

I am just a bit concerned about timescales because the dress is still for a 5ft 5 bride and i am only 5ft so that would need to be altered and round the waist as i was in between a size 8-10 they went for the bigger size of 10 and the dress is a bit loose around my waist. Also because it is a lace dress i thought it would be a little more difficult for alterations. I am presuming i would only have 1 pr 2 fittings before my wedding (due to timescales) but is this normal and do you think they have given enough time? i know they are the professionals but so far all my wedding plans have been completed in advance and i have been very organised with everything to avoid stress (well until nearer the time). Can you let me know your thoughts? I might just call them up again and ask if i can re-schedule to August to give myself a bit more time. Will have my shoes and Lingerie by then Smiley smile.

Appreciate your advice girls Smiley smile x

3 replies

Latest activity by Pink Han-bag, 25 March, 2013 at 10:45
  • M
    Beginner August 2014
    MOMB ·
    • Hide content

A month is plenty of time to alter the dress. They won't want to do it too soon in case you lose or gain between now at September. i know it's frustrating because you want everything done so you can stop worrying about it but honestly, doing the dress too soon is more likely to give you a fit that you aren't happy with than just leaving it until nearer your big day.

• Dream Team Dean
    Beginner October 2013
    Dream Team Dean ·
    • Hide content

Thats great thank you.

So i will leave the appt as it is, i just needed reassurance i think Smiley smile especially because of the length but i really appreciate your advice Smiley winking x

• Pink Han-bag
    Beginner March 2013
    Pink Han-bag ·
    • Hide content

My first fitting was on the 11th March so 19 days before the wedding, I went back on Friday (22nd) and it was all done and ready for me to take home. Remember this is their job so they know what they're doing.

Mine needed taking up, taking in quite a bit which included removing and reattaching beads and she put cups in the bust as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics