Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner June 2012

Wedding dress appointments

ames2uk, 8 July, 2011 at 13:50 Posted on Planning 0 9

I'm going to book my appointments for next weekend. Just a few questions

- how long should I allocate per appointment?

- how many different appointments should i do in 1 day

- what should I take with me?

9 replies

Latest activity by Daisymclazy, 9 July, 2011 at 21:05
  • (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

With regards to time per appt then it depends on how busy the shop I would say 30 mins to be on the safe side, regarding how many appts well that depends on what is feasible for you, and regards with what to bring, that depends on how long you have until the big day, if its your first time I wouldnt take anything the bridal shops will have a selection of veils and tiaras etc that they'll allow you to try on.

• 1234ABC
    Beginner
    1234ABC ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

- Appointments usually last an hour

- It depends where each shop is and how long it would take you to get there, and it also depends on their availability for that day

- Wear something comfortable that you don't mind slipping in and out of all day.

And matching underwear - if that sort of thing bothers you! Smiley smile

Good Luck!

xx

• sparkelly
    Beginner December 2011
    sparkelly ·
    • Hide content

The shops I went to all had different time allowances for appointments...ranging from 45 mins to 1h 15m so check with them.

I only booked one appointment per day as I found the whole thing really draining and emotional but I'm a weepy wuss. It's sometimes hard to take it all in so maybe only book max of a couple per day?

I always took a strapless bra and a hair clip so that I could see what the dresses looked like with hair up and down and also tissues (but like I said, I'm a weeper!)

Have fun x

• sapphire_22
    Beginner September 2011
    sapphire_22 ·
    • Hide content

And wear big pants! You do not want the nice middle-aged sales assistant to see your bum*

* happened to me ?

• HayleyMay
    Beginner September 2012
    HayleyMay ·
    • Hide content

I'd say wear big pants too! Its not attractive when they're trying to pull you in and out of dresses. You don't wanna be in a thong having to bend all awkwardly!

I was never allocated an appointment time limit, but usually only took 30 mins or so. I think you pretty much know whether or not you like their stock and can quickly decide on some maybe dresses to try!

I did 2 shops in one day which was quite good cos it made me realise the difference in quality of service and helped me decide my actual dress!!

Good luck! Have fun and don't get stressed. Remember they want your money so don't tip toe around them!! Be honest.

• A
    Beginner June 2012
    ames2uk ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys. I think i'll try two shops next week and then see how i go.

I'm not a hugely 'bridal' person and from looking online all the dresses are looking the same to me, so it'll be an *interesting* experience i think!

• Hollie1984
    Beginner July 2012
    Hollie1984 ·
    • Hide content

I wasnt allocated a time either, i think i could of tried dresses on all day!

Take a camera so you can take pics of yourself in the dresses - if the shop allows this of course.

I wore a maxi dress that you just pull on, this was handy for slipping on and off!

Have fun! ?

• rosalynd
    Beginner June 2022
    rosalynd ·
    • Hide content

One of the shops i made an appt with told me to bring shose the size i would like to ware on the day of our wedding. i dont know about times ect because i havent been to eny yet.

• Daisymclazy
    Beginner July 2012
    Daisymclazy ·
    • Hide content

If it's matching or not, wear decent underwear. Don't do what I did and wear big pants, tights and a knackered, grey, see-through bra. I'd even thought to wear a pull on/off dress and a likely heel height. The bra totally escaped my attention

Good luck and give us a flash when yyou find THE dress!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics