Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

karenluke22
Beginner August 2013

Wedding dress - Back Fat!!

karenluke22, 2 November, 2012 at 17:13 Posted on Planning 0 13

So I went to have my measurements taken today for my dress. I'm just over a size 14 so they are ordering it in that size. The sample dress is a size 14 so tried that on again today (I totally love my dress still after wobbles last week). And it was a tiny bit snug!!

Gonna have to lose some weight and do some exercise... I need to get rid of my back boobage!!!

Any ideas for losing it from that area?? xx

13 replies

Latest activity by chloe_chloe, 7 November, 2012 at 12:10
  • 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

Hi ,

If you google exercises for the rhomboid and trapezius muscles you'll find exercises that will tone these muscles up.

Good news is ...you can do many exercises for this area of the body sitting down, so they can be done as you watch TV and there's no excuses for not having time ?

Good Luck

L x

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

Awesome news, I'll have a look tonight and start doing some.

Thank you for your reply. xxx

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content

I find swimming is great for toning the old back fat (my focus at the moment too) Its a great overall work out too ?

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

My venue has given me and OH free membership to their gym till our wedding day and it has a swimming pool..

I should get off my bottom and go!! xxx

• L
    Beginner May 2014
    Lily70 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Is there a body pump class in your gym? Great for toning all over.

Lily x

• katiechops
    Beginner June 2013
    katiechops ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

WOW, thats great! ive never heard anywhere do that. How nice. x

• goldpants
    Beginner May 2014
    goldpants ·
    • Hide content

If there's a local bootcamp you should join that - personally i find it's the only sane way!!! it's gruelling but fun and the results are better then anything else. i havent been in months but know when the time comes (which it will) when i regret my non-existant weight loss bootcamp is my saviour as the results in a few months are just fab! xxxxxxxx

• karenluke22
    Beginner August 2013
    karenluke22 ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to look into boot camp I think early next year, to get rid of Xmas bulge. Xx

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Just an FYI, you don't actually target the areas in which you lose fat, you can only target muscle to tone, so even if you tone those muscles, you might not lose the fat (though more muscle generally means more calories burned and more fat lost). You will have a genetic predisposition to losing and gaining fat in certain areas. As people lose weight they will lose it from certain areas first, depending on their predisposition. That's why doing thousands of crunches might not give you a flat stomach - you'll be toning muscles, but not necessarily losing that fat. You need to do cardio on top of strength training to burn off the fat.

• G
    Beginner July 2012
    Gem2212 ·
    • Hide content

My friends dress maker gave her a really good tip....one you are all laced in/zipped up get someone to the stick their hands down the back of your dress right down to your bum and that makes sure it's all tucked in works a treat x

• Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+
    Embrace Bridal Boutique - Exclusively 16+ ·
    • Hide content

One thing that will drastically reduce the appearance of back fat is not to have your dress too tight. The dress should sit against the skin, not pull tight across it. You can also use your hand to slide the skin flat along the edge of the dress

• jimjams
    Savvy May 2013
    jimjams ·
    • Hide content

Anotrher thing to remember is if you work out too hard on that particular area you might actually make it bigger, by growing the muscle underneath the layer of fat which will make the dress tighter and could make the problem worse. Slimming down with diet and just increasing cardio is probably the best thing rather than trying to focus on one area of the body.

xxx

• C
    Beginner August 2012
    chloe_chloe ·
    • Hide content

You can't spot reduce fat, so the only way forward is to try and lose weight / tone up generally. I really recommend any of the Jillian Michaels workouts - if you do them regularly and eat well then you will lose weight.

As a practical tip, if you dress has a lace up back, don't lace it tight at the top. You should only start pulling it in just above your waist. Then, as Embrce recommmends, smooth out any flab starting at the middle out to either side.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics