Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner August 2015

Wedding dress BACK FAT

HappyGreenBridesmaid27, 26 of August of 2015 at 19:28 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi all,

Getting married in 5(!) days and the dress situation is stressing me out! Back in Janary, ordered 'the' dress. At the time I remember feeling a bit unsure about the size they ordered as my size was 'on the border'. Let it slide as they're professionals... Right??

Fast forward to about a month ago when I finally got the dress back (massive delays). Seemed to fit perfectly in shop but lady said she wouldn't do hook and eye up as wasn't needed. Went to seamstress day after and argh! Back fat!! Have had dress taken out quite a bit and it is 110% better. Final fitting today and still can see some bulge Smiley sad with veil on can barely see but not sure if looks horrific or just me being utterly obsessive? Opinions welcome... Not sure why photos are sideways....

16 replies

Latest activity by MrsV-wasMissB, 28 of August of 2015 at 17:16
  • Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

Ok well to show my age I will roll my eyes and say I wish I had as little back fat as you lol. But on a serious note I think you look lovely in it. Doesn't help how you feel. Is your hair up or down because I can't see properly even on the no veil pic for your hair. I think possibly you're having a paranoid moment and don't strapless have to be tight to make sure they hold up. I also know sometimes when things are snug when you zip up it shoves skin around and maybe all it needs is your mum or bridesmaid once zipped to pull it away from your skin so everything is where it's meant to be. If that makes sense. Lovely. Honestly Xx

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    HappyGreenBridesmaid27 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for your reply. My hair will be half up/half down like in photo (just neater!) so I'm sure that will hide it anyway! Just obsessing i think Smiley sad

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

As I said don't just zip dress up get them to put their hands in and pull it away a bit so skin is where it's meant to be. It's not fat. Skin moves! YouWill look lovely. X

• M
    Beginner April 2016
    Michaela525 ·
    • Hide content

You look amazing!

• RomanticGoldStationery380
    Beginner February 2017
    RomanticGoldStationery380 ·
    • Hide content

From the perspective of this neutral observer, Your back looks just fine and you look beautiful.

Best wishes for your special day!

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

You look great! I don't see any back fat, don't stress it Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner March 2015
    Ash953 ·
    • Hide content

If you didn't point it out then I wouldn't have noticed, and what is there is miniscule.

You are obsessing over something nobody will notice.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

I think you look beautiful in that dress. I wouldn't notice any back fat! :-)

• L
    Beginner August 2016
    LauraLtobe ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for you look beautiful! That dress is gorgeous! I don't think that what is there is back fat, I think it's just skin.

• P
    Beginner April 2016
    Pooba ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for 'you look stunning' Smiley smile

• overtherainbow
    overtherainbow ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely no back fat - if you feel the skin is squishing out,loosen the ties slightly so your skin lies flat - no that it needs it IMO!

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content

What back fat?

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

I can't see anything..... You look amazing and your dress is beautiful

• H
    Beginner August 2015
    HappyGreenBridesmaid27 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone Smiley smile I think with hair down/veil I'm hoping I'll forget about it. I think can see it more in this picture but I guess if we scrutinise pictures we'll find something we're not happy with!!

• I-go-by-many-names
    Super April 2015
    I-go-by-many-names ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you have anything to worry about (see above)

• P
    Beginner March 2016
    PurpleRain88 ·
    • Hide content

I wouldn't worry about it - I have a strapless dress and when I bought it the woman said it had to be that tight or I'd be constantly hoiking it up over my boobs all night as it would slip down - remember, this is a heavy dress. Just to put it into perspective, I am a size 8/10 and my wedding dress gives me back fat.

• MrsV-wasMissB
    Beginner August 2015
    MrsV-wasMissB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Same!! I was worried but the dress lady said the same..... better a bit of a back fat that will be hidden by a viel anyway and is only showing when arms are poker straight by your side that spending the day picking up your dress.

Well... a week after the wedding I bumped into a day guest who said "wow your dress fitted you like a glove, didn't once see you pulling it up or down or around! Was it made for you?" No, it wasn't. Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics