Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner June 2016

Wedding dress belt help

ExpensivePurpleDiamonds519, 26 of February of 2016 at 13:37 Posted on Planning 0 3

Hi,

I am looking for some help finding a belt to go with my dress. My jewellery will be gold so I don't like the crystal diamanté belts, I also don't want to have a sash with a bow at the back, would maybe have a sash sewn on so no need for a bow but am still looking for other ideas. The belt will sit under the bust not the waist. Can anyone help? Thank you.

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePurpleDiamonds519, 29 of February of 2016 at 10:49
  • 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

How about a sash sewn on and a gold brooch off to one side ?

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

There are quite a few gold ones on eBay. They are the dash type but could be shortened and sewn on to your dress?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Can the seamstress at your bridal boutique add detailing under the bust? I wonder if in this position, sewn on may be better so it doesn't slip down or go wonky?! Perhaps a seamstress could add sash/ribbon or lace, cream or gold shade pearls, diamanté or crystals?

• E
    Beginner June 2016
    ExpensivePurpleDiamonds519 ·
    • Hide content

I think I will have to go for the option of having the belt sewn on. I did order a sash and it didn't sit great, needs to be more secure. Also having spoken to other people a few have said it might be better not to break up the flow of the dress with a belt, so maybe just an ivory satin sewn on, nothing outstanding.

Lots to think about!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics