Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner August 2014

Wedding dress- big and puffy or more slim line?

Rach4, 9 of October of 2013 at 21:27 Posted on Planning 0 6

I have tried on a few dresses, I just can't decide whether I prefer a big Cinderella type dress or something more fitted. I do like the big dresses as I have a smallish waist and bigger hips the style suits me. But I'm worried that it will be too big to move about in. Also our dance floor area is not that big, I don't want to take up all the space or get too hot. Has anyone had a big dress? Any advice much appreciated Smiley smile

6 replies

Latest activity by Laura DeBourde, 20 of November of 2013 at 12:20
  • A
    Beginner
    AndrewThomas ·
    • Hide content

The best way to experience effortless and satisfactory shopping is through online shopping. A lot of international fashion biggies and popular local fashion brands have their online shopping stores. All that you need to do is to check out their collection online and place an order for your favorite clothes.

• Alisha.B
    Expert April 2022
    Alisha.B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

slim lined all the way

I cant imagine feeling sexy or nice in a huge dress and imagine how unconformable and impractical (think of the toilet cubicle at the venue and how you'll probably need 2 bridesmaids to help in a big dress or getting in cars etc... where they have to push and pull you and you end with you skirt by your ears)

a mirmaid or fishtail can be a nice option for both areas - slimline to the thighs and then flared out

• *J9*
    VIP March 2014
    *J9* ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How is this helpful exactly??

OP - best thing is to try a few of each style and have a good walk around in them and see which one you feel better in.

• D
    Beginner July 2014
    dizliz90 ·
    • Hide content

I tried on a big, ballgown kind of dress and loved it - felt fantastic but also felt it was a bit too much. I also tried on a slimmer dress and I bought that one - I instantly regretted it because I felt like there'd never be another chance for me to wear a real princess dress and the one I'd got didn't feel very bridal. I went back to the shop with my mum and dad to try my dress on again and they both said it was very nice and I agreed it was nice but that was it. The shop assistant said I could try on the other one again with my parents there so I did and they were both in tears and so was I because it was so special - I had to pay a lot more money to swap to the big, more bridal one but it was so worth it and I've been much happier since I did.

Of course, that's just me - not everybody wants that kind of dress so it's really up to you. What makes you happier? If you feel special in the big dress then don't worry about it being 'too big' - there's no such thing as too big on your wedding day if it's what you like!

• Laura DeBourde
    Laura DeBourde ·
    • Hide content

What sort of dresses do you like wearing normally? I wear a lot of slim fit dresses because they're more comfy and practical, but I have a friend who wears a lot of 50s style dresses which are big and puffy. She looks gorgeous and I also have a 50s style dress with a petticoat, and it's one of my favourite dresses - but I hardly have worn it because I feel like it's a bit out there, I feel like it's big to wear etc. I have always loved the idea of wearing a big dress but I think I would go for something more practical because comfort is really important to me... I hate wearing something that is distracting and not comfy! Think about what you normally go for in normal dresses and think about how you'll feel on the day. I think the hassle of having to go to the toilet in a big dress would grate on me throughout the day personally.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics