Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner August 2016

Wedding dress cleaning advice

Laurensmum, 30 of August of 2016 at 23:09 Posted on Planning 0 2

Guys advice please!

I got married on Saturday and apart from the dirty hem etc, my dress is in pretty good nick, bar one stain. It appears to be a yellow curry colour so can only assume it's the sauce from our of the canapés my little girl was eating.

I desperately want to get it cleaned but can't afford to do this for another 2 weeks when I get paid. Now I asked for a quote from a local dry cleaners and when I said brilliant I wil bring it in a couple of weeks he said "good God no, you must bring it in tomorrow if we don't get that stain out now it will permanent ruin your dress"

It left me really upset as I can not afford to get it done yet and I don't want my dress ruined. Is he correct or was he just being overly pushy for the business?

Thanks x

2 replies

Latest activity by PadBin, 3 of September of 2016 at 19:23
  • M
    Beginner August 2016
    Mrs-Riley ·
    • Hide content

I reckon he's just being a bit dramatic to be honest with you - I had a stain on a dress that had been there for months (had struggled to get it off myself) so I took it to the dry cleaners and they managed to get it out for me, even though it was so old Smiley smile

My dry cleaner has a 3 month waiting list for wedding dresses and didn't stress the need to hurry for any stains.

Maybe go get a second opinion from another dry cleaner?

• Mrsjones2024
    Rockstar June 2024 Essex
    Mrsjones2024 ·
    • Hide content

I could understand if the stain was fresh and hadn't yet dried but as it is already three days old, I don't see how you need to rush it in to get cleaned? I'd get a second opinion x

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I used to work in a dry cleaners, it was 9 years ago so things may have changed but to be honest if a stain was going to come out waiting 2 weeks wouldn’t of made much difference. I think he was just trying to get you to commit.

Not all stains come out especially on wedding dresses because of the fabrics used so if it doesn't come out completely don't let him make you think it's because of the 2 weeks.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics