Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ESW
Beginner September 2012

Wedding Dress Creases!

ESW, 6 April, 2012 at 11:00 Posted on Planning 0 5

Ok so I didn't buy my dress from a shop, instead got one hell of a bargain. However, it is currently hanging in my wardrobe but due to storage and the postage to me my satin very detailed dress has some creases not bad ones but I notice them so think other people will to, it's brand new so doesn't need cleaning.

Has anyone had their dress steamed (??) or whatever it is they do independently? Where did you take ir? I know I won't need this doing till nearer the time but its bugging me. Also if anyone has idea of costs?

Any advice would be great. Thanks

5 replies

Latest activity by ESW, 6 April, 2012 at 16:22
  • bexybexy
    Beginner June 2018
    bexybexy ·
    • Hide content

Esw - me again...mine is not from a shop either! Good old china bargain mine is...but yes it was a bit creased and Mum hung it up in the bathroom....it worked!

• *sweetpea*
    Beginner July 2012
    *sweetpea* ·
    • Hide content

My dress maker told my mum to iron my satin layer (under a lace layer) so not sure if this is possible on a very low heat? (I'd probably put a towel between the iron and the dress too) The shower thing will work depending on the depth of the creases.

• Mynnie the Moocher
    Beginner May 2011
    Mynnie the Moocher ·
    • Hide content

I spent about an hour on the morning of the wedding ironing my dress, because a combination of the stupid hotel cleaners and the humidity had left it horribly creased adn it was really obvious due to the shine of the fabric.

The ironing itself didn't seem to do a lot, but I hung it from the bale in the garden of the villa, so that it hung completely freely, (train and everything) and the combination of the heat of the iron, the humidity of outside and the weight of the dress seemed to do the trick. Either that or I was just too rushed/stressed to notice the creases in the end, but they certainly don't show on the photos! ?

(I'd forgotten all about all of this until just, too! ? )

• spikeygoodness
    Beginner
    spikeygoodness ·
    • Hide content

Call a local dress shop and ask them if they can steam it for you and what the costs would be. It's a very quick job (dress shop did mine in front of me and it took all of about 2 minutes) so I doubt it'd be all that costly.

• ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone!

bexybexy - mine was off the Bay of E Trudy Lee never worn, but it was packed into a dustbin bag and box to be delviered and it has been hanging in my 'wedding wardrobe - OH not allowe' since October so the crease aren't mega but the bottom is getting a bit creased as the wardrobe is not quite tall enough for it to hang properly in the bag, and I have no where else to hang it.

I'm will try the bathroom thing tomorow OH is at work if it works then I could do this the night before as I am staying at the venue and it has a huge wardrobe so it will then be able to hang fully.

May also ask the dress shop I am getting the BM's dresses from they may do it for me, and if doesn't break the bank I could ask them.

Thanks again!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics