Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss F
Beginner April 2022 Greater Manchester

Wedding dress dilemma

Miss F, 10 of January of 2022 at 17:51 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 3
Hey I’m new to this app!
Iv been planning my wedding for god knows how many years and have had to change it a few times due to covid restrictions
We finally have a new date APRIL this year but I’m panicking on the dress. I bought the dress 2 years ago and it’s just been being stored at the dress shop i was a size 10 when I bought it but I’m now a size 12. Iv got my first proper fitting this week and I’m so nervous. Has this happened to anyone else will I need to buy another dress??

3 replies

Latest activity by MrsW, 11 of January of 2022 at 07:05
  • L
    Dedicated October 2022 Surrey
    Lisa ·
    • Hide content
    I believe the seams usually allow for a bit of adjustment to be made larger, if its not quite enough you vault consider installing a corset back, if the style & your preference allows. Seamstresses are magical creatures who seem to make the impossible happen. Maybe give the person doing the fitting a call & talk through your worries, I'm sure they will have sound advice & have been faced with this situation many times. Good luck!
  • Nikooru
    Beginner June 2022 Staffordshire
    Nikooru ·
    • Hide content
    Hi!
    I’m in a similar boat as you, was meant to get married 2yrs ago again last year but silly covid. Now moved to June 2022. I’ve had 1 fitting and I’m deffo filling it out more than I was before but it still went on and done up. However I will be super dieting (we’ll trying to anyway) before my next fitting in April which is when I need to be my wedding day size as that will be last fitting before it is ready for the day.

I’d deffo give them a ring nd talk through your worries.
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    I know the feeling, I was worried about my first fitting too as I chose my dress over a year before. I managed to get in (just) but didn't feel 100%. I suggest that assuming you can get in it at your fitting (which I'm sure you will) you take your measurements straight afterwards. That way, you don't need to panic about a few pounds here or there on scales but you do know precisely how small you need to be on the day. I've found it has given me a bit more peace of mind, as I'm not stressing about putting loads of effort into losing weight and it still not being enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics