Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

M
Beginner July 2014

Wedding dress doubts

MrsC2b14, 15 October, 2012 at 10:16 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi all

We are getting married in 2014 but as we are paying for it all ourselves have had to start the planning early.

I went dress shopping at the weekend and found my dream dress, as soon as I had it on it felt right…until I got home and then doubts set in. Is this normal? I love the dress when I think back to how I felt wearing it I felt like a princess but its got quite a full skirt and im worried it will be too big for the evening. I don’t want to have 2 dresses and get changed so I guess my question is should I worry about practicality or go with something I love and let everything else work itself out?

Is it normal to have doubts?

9 replies

Latest activity by sian-tiffany, 15 October, 2012 at 14:57
  • L
    Beginner May 2014
    Lily70 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I know how you feel, I'm also getting married in 2014. After we booked the venue I started looking at dresses. I tried so many on in lots of different shops but didn't 'love' any of them until Saturday when I tried the last of four I picked out and knew instantly it was the one for me so I ordered a size that would need to be altered to fit me and paid the deposit.

However, Saturday night I was stressing (already) about have I done the right thing, is it the right one? After reading your post I think it's normal to have doubts but I know that I tried so many different dresses on in so many different shops but as soon as soon as I put my one on I knew I loved it and didn't want to take it off.

Think we gonna stress about everything. I'm already worrying about the chair covers, got 18 months of this to look forward to!

Good luck.

Lily

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MrsC2b14 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah me too. How lucky are our families. I just spoke to my Aunt who came with me on Saturday and she seemed really pleased at the thought of 18 months of phone calls like that haha

We haven't booked the venue yet but are pretty sure we know where we are having it. Its exciting stuff but terrifying as well if that makes sense

• ladyzoot
    Beginner August 2012
    ladyzoot ·
    • Hide content

Dress wobbles are perfectly normal and I think most brides have them at some point. When you tried it on did it feel like 'the one'? You have a long way to go until the wedding so why not just make an appointment to try it on again? Don't worry about practicality!! Its a wedding dress, its not supposed to be practical! How the dress makes you feel is what's important.

• LovelyWedding
    LovelyWedding ·
    • Hide content

I also think you should not worry too much...since everyone hast got the goal to make everything perfectly right for that special day, doubts will come up every now and then - just try to stay relaxed and always think about that you will be marrying because of love - he and your friends and family love you anyway and will see you as the princess of your wedding - no matter the dress... you don't have to have doubts about your looks so much ❤️

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content

Do you have a picture of you in the dress? I had major wobbles the morning after I bought mine. I think this was mainly because I pictured it totally different in my head and had nothing to refer to. As soon as I saw the picture I felt so much better and the same feelings I felt when I tried it on came flooding back. Hope you feel better about it soon. xx

• R
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

This is totally normal, I had doubt right up till my last fitting, but once you get it on and it all fits right you remember why you feel in love with it.

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MrsC2b14 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you all for your replies and your so right. Ive thought back to how i felt in it on saturday and it felt perfect. They turned the lights down and when i moved it twinkled and sparkled just like the dress ive always dreamed of would.

They would let me take pics but ive got the model pics on my phone and keep looking at them

thanks again xx

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

This is perfectly normal, everyone has them at some point thats why its good to have a photo of you in the dress so you can keep looking at it. Can you go back to the shop or another that stocks it and get a sneeky picture? What dress have you gone for?

• M
    Beginner July 2014
    MrsC2b14 ·
    • Hide content

Its this one (sorry if pics big) but the pic doesnt really do it justice. All the skirt is embedded with crystals. It is literally my dream dress

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

My computer wont let me see it ☹️ will check when i get home.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics