Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

~Curley~
Beginner August 2014

Wedding Dress Factory Outlet - Leicester???

~Curley~, 12 of November of 2013 at 17:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

Considering going on my day off tomorrow but unsure if its worth it?

Anybody been? What was your experience? Did they have alot of dresses to try on? Im a high street size 14 (dont even want to think what that is in wedding dress size ? )

I have already found a dress I love but wanted to check this place out just to be sure im not missing a bargain

TIA

X

8 replies

Latest activity by josweddingshop, 16 of February of 2014 at 06:24
  • ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

Should add its about 1hr 15 mins drive from me

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content

Id say its definitely worth it. I went to the one in the north west recently and ended up getting a dress!

Im a size 18 high street so my wedding dress is a size 24, but the amount of choice you get is absolutely ridiculous! i felt like a kid in a sweet shop and didnt know where to start.

The only advice i would give really is if they work the same as the north west store do, get there for near enough when they open. It was very busy when i went and they operate on a first come first served queueing system. You got to pick 4 dresses you wanted to try and then those dresses were put on a rail at the back of the queue and you had to wait your turn (i waited for nearly 2 hours but i got there late afternoon).

• Curlysuzie
    Beginner September 2014
    Curlysuzie ·
    • Hide content

I've been for a look but didn't buy! There were loads of dresses but the majority were in 10s & 12s. There was still a lot of dresses in bigger sizes. The women were really lovely. It was really busy when we went I only tried on 4 dresses but I didn't know about sizes so none of them fit me (the lady said 2 sizes bigger if a zip back or 1 size bigger if a lace back).

The way it works is you pick four dresses and put them on a rail between two markers which serves as the queue line, someone will put their dresses after your markers and the next person behind theirs etc etc, so when yours gets to the end of the rail you get to go into a fitting room (does that make sense?!) it's a good system but I picked four out then went to get four more after I tried them so went to the back of the queue but by that time it was too busy so I didn't try anymore on.

depending where you are there is another factory outlet in Burton-upon-Trent, Staffordshire (didn't know which side of Leicester you were coming from) they only opened on Saturday but my friend went and got her dress from there and said it was really nice! Www.bridalfactoryoutlet.co.uk/midlands is their web address. I think there is one in Stockport too....

let us know how you get on of you do go xx

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

I've not been but 2 friends have and both got amazing dresses at a snip. I would say it's worth going and making a day of it. Good luck xx

• M
    Beginner June 2015
    mummylislis ·
    • Hide content

I've not been but 2 friends have and both got amazing dresses at a snip. I would say it's worth going and making a day of it. Good luck xx

• ~Curley~
    Beginner August 2014
    ~Curley~ ·
    • Hide content

Ive been today.....

The ladies are lovely and very helpful. I didnt find anything, seems to be more choice if you are looking for a size 10 or 12. There was some nice dresses but none where as nice as the ones I have seen. Worth going if you havent found anything though and the prices are really good....no dearer than £450. I did think that the quality of the dresses (the ones I tried on at least) did reflect the price. They didnt feel as sturdy and structured as the ones I have tried on in bridal shops. This is obviously only the 6 i tried on so i dont know about the rest.

There was hundreds of dresses though and i witnessed others trying some beautiful dresses ( the ladies were quite small framed though) just not a big collection for size 14 +

• J
    Beginner August 2015
    JJames12 ·
    • Hide content

I went to the London store with my family last Saturday. There was plenty of space for them to sit and see. The ladies were really helpful. I'm an average size 12, and tried on about 9 dresses, all of which were beautiful vintage dresses.

Ill for sure being going back to get my dress as the price is excellent value and the dresses are amazingly made!

https://www.wed2b.com/locations/london.php

• J
    josweddingshop ·
    • Hide content

Has anyone tried Your Wedding Shop in Birmingham. They seem to have a lot of larger dresses around £495.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics