Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Skeptical78
Beginner September 2013

Wedding Dress Factory Outlet London / Kent- anyone been?

Skeptical78, 3 of January of 2013 at 11:59 Posted on Planning 0 4

Not sure if I'm allowed to ask this on here, but has anyone been to the Wedding Dress Factory outlet in London / Kent (Bromley)?

I want to go to a large retail outlet to try and bag a bargain dress. I realise that I'd still have to pay for adjustments, etc. but if I'm starting with a £400 dress rather than a £1000 one it's got to be a good deal!

Was wondering if anyone has been? Saw a programme on Wedding TV they were featured on and it looked pretty good, but it's a pretty long way from me (South Coast) and I don't want to make the 4 hour round trip if it's not worth it...

Thanks! ?

4 replies

Latest activity by SunnyOrangeConfetti79, 19 of January of 2014 at 15:47
  • G
    Beginner August 2013
    GoogleyB ·
    • Hide content

I've been to the one in Leicestershire (same company etc), I got my dress, veil and underskirt for £526, there wasn't the biggest choice if I'm honest, so no good if you're looking for something specific, was about an hour each way for me so not so bad, worth the drive to keep the budget down though

this is my dress (any excuse to flash)

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Good ideas- thanks folks! I've had a look at the website and it looks like they have quite a variety, but giving them a call before I go can't be a bad idea! ?

• L
    Beginner June 2014
    Lee Lou ·
    • Hide content

I went today and found "the dress". I had no expectations of finding anything and found two. The staff were great. Just get their early , we arrived about 10 minutes before it opened and there was already a girl in front of us. The dresses are all in size order, you pick 4 and then wait till they call when you then get your own dressing area and assistant. They don't rush you and will help you to choose accessories etc if you want them. There was one I liked in the first 4 so they kept it aside whilst I had another look around. I had to wait about an hour for the second go at trying them on.i normally hate queuing and especially crowded places but everyone was so friendly the time passed without you getting annoyed. I could hear loads of future brides comparing rings, venues etc and most people just chatted etc... Give it a go, you could be in for a real treat :-)

there were also people size 6-30 trying on dresses so don't be out off about size availability !

• S
    Beginner July 2014
    SunnyOrangeConfetti79 ·
    • Hide content

I went there last Saturday to try some dresses. We arrived at about 12 noon and had to wait over 2 hours to try on. The staff said it's generally less busy on a Wednesday so would recommend you go then if you can.

None of the 4 dresses I had picked were right for me, so it was quite frustrating after all that time waiting to not be able to try on anything else.

There was a happy end to the day though - we passed another bridal shop just down the road afterwards. It was empty, and I found my dress in there in the sample sale at £400 including all alterations (originally £900).

good luck!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics