Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Clea
Beginner September 2024 Cornwall

Wedding Dress Fear

Clea, 23 of August of 2024 at 01:05 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 4
Hi All, I’m hoping someone can give me some positive vibes as I am worried to my core about my dress not looking good on me. I picked up the altered dress today and I’m worried there’s too much chest on show, I feel fatter than I wanted to be on my wedding day. It’s 13 days until the big day and I just have this new complex and feeling the pressure of a perfect bride. I feel in love with this dress straight away and was the only dress I tried, no one has physically seen me in the dress but photos as they all live far away. Please can someone give advice on how they overcame these fears and anxiety as I’m worried I’ll ruin the day for everyone including my partner. All I want to do is be happy in my skin.

4 replies

Latest activity by Marlene, 30 of August of 2024 at 11:44
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content

Just enjoy the day. My wedding day was the best day of my life so far. We had a couple of hiccups but it's no use sweating the small stuff. I'm sure you'll look beautiful in your dress. You fell in love with it straight away. Don't think you need to be the perfect bride. Be the bride that enjoyed the perfect day! :-)

• Clea
    Beginner September 2024 Cornwall
    Clea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much for your kind words. Feeling much better now. The closer I get to the wedding the better I feel. I’ve managed to get some friends to look at the dress and they like it so it’s made me feel better!
  • Lea
    Rockstar July 2023 Kent
    Lea ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hope you have the best day. I was on cloud 9 for days afterwards.

My dress was damaged by the end of the day with all the dancing and people treading on the hem / train but I didn't care. I was determined to enjoy myself. :-)

• M
    Beginner February 2025 North Carolina
    Marlene ·
    • Hide content

It’s normal to feel anxious about your wedding dress. Remember why you loved it initially and focus on that. Talk to a friend or family member for support, and consider small alterations if needed. Practice self-care, use positive taco bell survey affirmations, and visualize a happy wedding day. Your partner loves you for who you are, and your happiness will shine through. You’ve got this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics