Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H

Wedding dress fears

Hermione99654, 29 of July of 2017 at 16:36 Posted on Planning 0 2

I bought my wedding dress a couple of months ago but now I'm doing more and more planning the 'fear' has set in that I've chosen the wrong dress. On the day it was between 2 dresses, 1 very much like I had planned from day 1 and another one which I just fell in love with. I went for the second and I do love it but I can't help but has this niggle that I should have gone for the dress I thought I wanted all along.

Has anyone else had this 'dress regret' and does it go away?

2 replies

Latest activity by VegasBride2017, 1 of August of 2017 at 21:05
  • Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

I've seen other brides talk about this a lot. I think it's very common! Why not take a friend to see you try the dress on again?

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

You're not alone! I think most of us have at some point had dress wobbles!

Mine is completely different to what I thought I was going to get and I had a mini melt down a few months after I had ordered the dress so my mum told me to arrange another appointment to try it on and I remembered why I fell in love with it!

I think because you had your mind set on another dress all the way through your mind is just playing tricks on you, you chose that dress over the other dress for a reason and once you try your dress on you'll remember why you fell in love with it!

Can you try the dress on again?

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

I was a bit like that because I loved two dresses but even though one seemed nicer the second fit my Vegas wedding and was easier to fly so I picked that. Then I had 4 months to wait for it to be made and I started having doubts, but it came in and I had all of the alterations done and it fits like a glove and it is amazing.

Once you get all of your accessories on, a beautiful pair of shoes and the alterations you will see the whole outfit and realise you made the right decison I am sure :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics