Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2019

Wedding Dress Fitting Issues due to Pregnancy

LuxuriousRedHair60650, 23 of July of 2018 at 13:40 Posted on Planning 0

Hi all,

I am getting married in April next year and am pregnant with a much longed for baby due in February.

I already bought my dress pre-pregnancy and it can't be returned. The company said they do dress fittings roughly 8 weeks before the wedding day and my baby is due about then...so at the moment I'm booked in about a week before baby is due.

My question is what do I do? Is there any point in having a dress fitting when I'll be either ready to pop or just given birth so still quite big?

I have no idea what to expect in terms of my body size and am wondering what can be done about my dress.

Also I'm hoping to be breast feeding and I've heard about ladies having two dresses. One the big special one for the ceremony and photos etc and then one that's much more comfy and easier for breast feeding for later on.

Any views on this or suggestions? Anyone had a maternity wedding dress that they'd recommend? Thanks :-)

• R
    Beginner April 2019
    RomanticYellowConfetti938 ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Congratulations on your wedding and the baby!

I'm also getting married in April next year and my first fitting isn't until 6 weeks before. I can't really see any point in having a fitting when you are due to give birth so soon after, your body shape will change drastically!

I would speak to the bridal store and push back your first fitting until around 2 weeks after the birth.

My friend was breastfeeding on her wedding day and the seamstress was able to put in an invisible zip down the side of the dress so she was able to pull one cup down easily on the day. Depending on the style of dress, this could be an option for you.

Good luck with everything! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics