Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Savvy October 2021 Dumfries Galloway & Ayrshire

Wedding dress fittings

Shenel, 13 of August of 2021 at 18:42 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 9
I went to a boutique wedding dress shop in May this year and bought my dress from the ready to wear range. Whilst I was there they booked me in for 2 dress fitting sessions with their seamstress and I wasn’t expecting this as I thought I would have to find my own seamstress. My question is as they just booked me in does this mean it’s all part of the service? Surely I am expected to pay for the alterations? It’s just that they never mentioned any cost and I wasn’t sure if should say something or not!

9 replies

Latest activity by Shenel, 17 of August of 2021 at 08:16
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    I would definitely ask! The shop I bought my dress from wanted an extra £200 for alterations so you don’t want a nasty shock when you collect the dress! I decided to find my own seamstress and I am using someone more local who does alterations from home and it’s costing £100 so big saving!
  • S
    Shenel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jade. I find it so cheeky of them to just book me in and not say anything about cost at all! Will definitely check x
  • Jade
    Dedicated May 2022 Essex
    Jade ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Like you said it may be they didn’t mention cost because it’s included but better to ask and be sure!
  • S
    Dedicated August 2023 South Yorkshire
    Sloufish ·
    • Hide content

I would ask, I have just bought my dress from a family run business and they are holding onto it with the idea their seamstress is altering it closer to my wedding date. They did give me a pricelist and a rough costing for it however there is no obligation and I can take my dress away to someone else if I choose x

• S
    Shenel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks. Sounds like I definitely need to call them on Monday and ask x
  • Marcie
    Rockstar August 2021 Bristol
    Marcie ·
    • Hide content
    Yes definitely call them and check , if it’s not included it will be more expensive than finding your own seamstress
  • S
    Shenel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks will do x
  • MrsW
    Dedicated May 2022 South West London
    MrsW ·
    • Hide content
    Yes, I would have thought you will have to pay for the alterations and not great of them to not tell you. The place I got mine gave me a quote for the alterations when I bought it and included it in the overall price. Have you had a look at your invoice to see whether they have already included it?
  • S
    Shenel ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yep, invoice definitely doesn’t include any extra cost for alterations. My cousin and bridesmaid came with me and they assumed it was all part of the deal too as they also found it strange that they never mentioned anything. I am just setting aside money now as ready to pay quite a bit for it. Unfortunately, as a new resident in Ayr, Scotland I don’t know anyone local I can trust with my wedding dress so I’m thinking I will just fork out whatever they want 🤷🏻‍♀️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics