Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
West Yorkshire

Wedding dress for sale

Sarah, 1 of October of 2021 at 16:11 Posted on For Sale 0 7

I'm reaching out to any brides to be who are looking for a new but bargain dress. This is my wedding dress that I unfortunately had dress regret with! (it happens to us all at times).

It's completely unaltered and unworn, I even bought a bag for it and there's a belt to accessorise. It's a new dress without the new price-tag! Any questions im happy to answer, but thought I'd try reach out to a wider audienceSmiley smile

https://www.stillwhite.com/215789-elite-bridal

7 replies

Latest activity by Sarah, 4 of January of 2022 at 16:12
  • Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    I love this is this the dress your fiancee seen x it is beautiful have you thought about changing the bottom a bit you could have the top layer of lace removed and put a split in it and get it fitted a bit more and keep it for night time of wedding suprise everyone x💗
  • S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

No this is the first dress, I went dress shopping with family.

My description of what i wanted was plain, no bling, slim cut.

I ended up coming home with this and I have no idea why, everyone else loved it, and it looked nice on, but at the same time I hate it. I hate the bling, I hate the big skirt, I dont do trains, its go soooo many layers. I've spoken to seamstresses and we can't take out the skirt layers anymore than they have done.

It's been on sale a while, I was just reaching out to any potential buyers who were looking and hoping to get a dress that didn't break the bank! As it's brand new and not altered, but cheaper than most new dresses

• Michelle
    VIP July 2024 Cheshire
    Michelle ·
    • Hide content
    Can i ask what size it is x such a shame you couldnt change it a bit so you didnt have to sell and spice it up a bit for the night time x💗
  • S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    The label is a size 8-10 however I’m a street size 10 and it’s slightly too big for me
  • S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content

Bump - if no one is interested, do you have any tips for selling? How did you manage to sell your dress?

This has been up 9 months, its at half price, its on multiple sites - nothing Smiley sad

• Marcy
    Beginner February 2022 Middlesex
    Marcy ·
    • Hide content

Hello Sarah, it sounds as though you bowed down to family and friends pressure. It is so easy to do that and you can't let it happen again. in the meantime, have you tried to approach the store that you bought it from? If you are prepared to sell it at a bargain then perhaps they could buy it back from you at that price? it's just a thought. When are you getting married? Don't go near vinted. The people on there will want to try and knock you down to a few pennies.

• S
    West Yorkshire
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Hi Marcy,
    No the shop won’t take it back/buy it back.
    It’s on still white, vinted , Etsy, eBay. I’m already taking a Hugo loss as it’s currently up for £350 and I bought it for £680, but it just won’t sell.
    I’m getting married at the end of February, I’m sorted for a new dress, I just want this old one out of the house now! But I also can’t face a complete loss on it, it’s so much money😞 I’m just more mad at myself that i bought a dress I didn’t like and now I’m stuck with it

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics