Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner September 2016

Wedding dress has arrived & is unflattering

ExpensivePurpleBridesmaid569, 1 of August of 2016 at 08:37 Posted on Planning 0 2

My wedding dress has arrived & is unflattering & I'm devastated.

Ive gone from being giddy with excitement about the big day to feeling nauseous, stressed & dreading the walk down the aisle.

I initially tried the dress on in a size 12 & it looked amazing - really flattering. Highlighted my figure perfectly! However it didn't fasten all the way up - I needed a 14 for my upper back. Anyway, for logistical reasons I ordered my dress from a different store. They insist the 14 is fine on my & needs no alterations. I've lost around 10lbs since I ordered the dress & don't see how!

While it doesn't look massive, it kind of skims all my best bits - kind of covering them & making me look chunky!! The dress is fit & flare style, however it doesn't nip enough at the right places.

I feel like it's a loosing battle when the shop insist it's fine. This was my first fitting - just 5 weeks ahead of my big day. I'm wondering if they're pushed for time, or if perhaps tha type of alteration is beyond their capabilities.

I keep obsessively looking at pics of myself in the dress & just feel absolutely sick!!! Going to call them to discuss later on once they open. If they won't do anything I may take the dress elsewhere for amendment, however we are getting so short on time now.

Has anyone else been through similar? Need moral support!!

2 replies

Latest activity by ExpensivePurpleBridesmaid569, 1 of August of 2016 at 12:36
  • kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Having found out myself how just small differences in a dress can make you feel about yourself, I'm right with you ☹️

Are the alterations lumped in with the price, have you paid for them etc? If not, look around for a local seamstress and get the dress to her. I used a local lady to lat the dress out 2 inches on my hips, and take in half an inch each side on the bust. Amazing difference. And cost me £15. Did it in a week, despite already having 2 weeding dresses and all sorts of other bits to work on.

Sounds like trying to get the shop to sort it out will just add to your stress. Good luck xx

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I agree that it had fit how you want it to fit not how they think it should fit. Lots of people have changes to dresses made too. If you want some alterations the then have them. Whether it's the by the shop (if pice include it they should definitely be doing it) or whether it's the by someone else. It's surprising how quickly a good seamstress can get the job done. If you let us know where you are then perhaps people can suggest someone near to you. I'm sure a seamstress can make you love your dress. Good luck x

• E
    Beginner September 2016
    ExpensivePurpleBridesmaid569 ·
    • Hide content

I was just trying to convince myself in the shop & probs wasn't specific enough.

It was only after leaving I remembered the smaller size fitted on waist & hips.

i have called the shop & they're squeezing me in for another fitting this week. Phew!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics