Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Savvy April 2024 West London

Wedding dress help

Joanna, 26 of July of 2023 at 09:20 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 6
I've been to 3 shops now and haven't found a dress I like. Am panicking. I don't want a big dress , no open backs and I want sleeves . Something elegant and not puffy. Please help with ideas of where to go.

6 replies

Latest activity by Joanna, 7 of August of 2023 at 12:11
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

You might find you do better with high street & mail order - they are more likely to have simple dresses.

I got mine from Ivy & Oak - might be worth checking them out, although their styles have changed quite a bit in the past 3 years.

I also looked at Alie Street and Sister Organics when I was wedding dress shopping. Monsoon is another possibility - I've heard others speak well of it, although I had a bad experience with them (the dress they sent was dirty and damaged - looked like it had already been worn to a wedding - and the customer service was awful)

• Sarah
    Rockstar August 2024 West Midlands
    Sarah ·
    • Hide content
    Good evening :-)

No stress. This is completely normal. Not every shop with stock every brand or style. Now you’ve probably tried on a few dresses, there’s more styles and shapes you’ve found you like and things that you definitely don’t. So from now, what I would advise doing a little research into shops near by and what brands they stock and go from there as it’ll reduce your looking time.
    Depending where you’re based on the world, some shops do online portals, which gives you a chance the explore their dresses online first and favourite what you like. (Some have a picture editor so you can even apply your face onto, it’s brilliant). If you are anywhere near the West Midlands I’d really recommend the dressing room (TDR) in Halesowen and also Wedding Belles in Four Oaks.

Good luck and remember.. enjoy it! It’s one of the most fun parts of wedding planning! Enjoy the moment being all about you xx
  • L
    Beginner November 1980
    LeotaUnesk ·
    • Hide content
    It's very effortless to find out any topic on web as compared to textbooks, as I found this article at this website.
  • D
    East Central London
    Dee ·
    • Hide content

Hey there!
    Don't panic! David's Bridal Stratford is a good one! I bring all my clients there. They are having their closing down sale ending at the end of this month. I saw this on someone's socials

Wedding dress help 1

• J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks finally enough I went there in the week
  • J
    Joanna ·
    • Hide content
    Wedding dress help 2