Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Beginner October 2024 Essex

Wedding Dress Help!

14 of February of 2024 at 13:53 Posted on Wedding Attire 0 12
Hello,

I was struggling to find a dress I liked and went to about 4 different shops, the last shop I went to I found some dresses that I finally liked and this is where I bought my dress however I’m just having doubts over it, I like it on but when I look at the photos I just don’t really love it that much, I worried I made the wrong choice because I needed to get a dress ordered as I was running out of time, and made a rushed decision, I’m quite petite and worried this dress was the wrong style for me, I wanted to feel sexy but also classy, any opinions or help would be appreciate xxWedding Dress Help! 1Wedding Dress Help! 2
Wedding Dress Help! 3

12 replies

Latest activity by Amy, 22 of February of 2024 at 16:47
  • L
    Savvy June 2024 Staffordshire
    Leanne ·
    • Hide content
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding . You look amazing . I think that dress is a perfect combo or sexy and elegant and it really suits your figure . Remember on the day all finishing touches will be there , the right style shoes , your hair , makeup , which will all add to the effect . It’s always tricky to visual a going out out dress on when we try them on before we are done up , let alone a wedding dress . Honestly you look gorgeous and will be a beautiful bride . The dress is gorgeous , like I say elegant with a twist of sexy in the plunging neckline and back , but classy not trashy xx
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    You look amazing!!! I think you’ve nailed your vision! As leanne has said above all those touches will make you love it on the day.
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I think that style is fine for someone petite - it doesn't make you look short or 'swamped' which a lot of styles can do when someone is a smaller build.

• S
    Curious March 2025 Nottinghamshire
    Samantha ·
    • Hide content
    The dress suits your petite figure, it’s beautiful love the detail. You have nailed sexy and classy! How do you feel when you put it on? I don’t think anyone is a fan of photos of themselves and we all over analyse go on how it makes you feel. You look stunning xx
  • A
    ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you I really appreciate all your kind words, as you said I think it’s just really hard to visualise everything together so I think that isn’t helping xx
  • A
    ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you, I was just worried that the back detail was a little old fashioned but I didn’t really think about it at the time of trying it on xx
  • A
    ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you and I think that’s what I struggled with a-lot of other styles I liked but they just didn’t look right on me because they were too heavy with lace or a longer train etc.
  • A
    ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! And I felt good when I put it on, I tried on two other favourites but I went back to this one! It’s just not what I visioned when I first started looking and I’ve seen so many other beautiful dresses since I chose this one xx
  • S
    Rockstar July 2024 Cumbria
    Shay ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    In my opinion not at all! It sits on you perfectly and looks beautiful!
  • Tanya
    Beginner February 2025 Oxfordshire
    Tanya ·
    • Hide content
    I think the dress is beautiful and looks great on you and it has given me sone ideas as someone with a similar build. So thanks for sharing the photos!
  • R
    Beginner June 2024 Co Antrim
    Robyn ·
    • Hide content
    I think you look lovely in the dress and it fits you really well. The style suits your frame well. I'm sure when it is tailored to fit you perfectly it will look even better!

I had a similar problem. I was between 2 dresses and I chose the one everyone with me preferred but when I was wearing it, I just didn't feel it. I then went home and looked at all the pictures of the other one and realised I could make some small changes to make it perfect. So I changed my order to the other dress. Maybe you could do some minor amendments to the dress to make you feel more in love with it? For example a beaded belt or maybe a veil with satin trim. But these dress definitely doesn't need to be changed, just a thought ☺️
  • A
    Beginner July 2025 Ceredigion
    Amy ·
    • Hide content
    I think it's a beautiful dress and it looks lovely on you. You need to feel comfortable in your choice though so if you aren't happy then you should probably speak to the shop sooner rather than later to see if you can do anything. I honestly think it looks lovely on you though x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics