Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

W
Beginner January 2012

Wedding Dress Length

wales2k13, 20 May, 2013 at 19:39 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hiya I know some if you might think that this sounds very silly but anyway here we go Smiley smileSmiley smile I'm of a large frame girl to be honest and I seen a dress and fell in love with it after actually gearing myself to go to the shop I had the dress sized and it's perfect......well almost I bought it from a bridal shop that was a budget shop so u didn't get the extra frills and fuss which I was happy with after spending a few hours stood in my bra and pants I decided on dress and didn't even think about length figured id be able to hold it but after really thinking about it yeah my dress is too long Smiley sadSmiley sadSmiley sadSmiley sad I've been told about these petticoat hoops not really knowing what they were I had a look on good old google. What I really need to find out is will one make my dress lift up enough so when I'm walking I don't fall from tripping over front of it by stepping in the inside of it Hope you can help

4 replies

Latest activity by louise fisher, 21 May, 2013 at 08:11
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

How 'too long' is it? A petticoat will hold it away from you, which because of some simple geometry, means the dress will lift a little.

• W
    Beginner January 2012
    wales2k13 ·
    • Hide content

Well its perfect at back and side because it flows like I want it too. But it's just the front which is fine if i walk and lift but if i leave it and walk,i got to keep either kicking it out or i step on the inside so,id say a,inch or two maybe three max off floor i want i don't want my shoes to really show i really just want the front to hover over floor enough to walk freely

• W
    Beginner January 2012
    wales2k13 ·
    • Hide content

Id say a inch or two maybe thee ??

• louise fisher
    Beginner July 2014
    louise fisher ·
    • Hide content

Yeah,you will absolutely step on the dress.

If you do not prefer to wear a higher pair of shoes,is it possible for you to require them to shorten the hem of the dress?It is not complex.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics