Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Curious October 2020

Wedding dress length - toes peeking out

SunnyRedDecor92142, 28 of September of 2020 at 20:10 Posted on Planning 0 5
Hi everyone!

I tried on my dress today after having the length altered. I've chosen a pair of open toe shoes to wear on the day. When I walk you can see my toes a bit. The women in the shop said this was fine and if it was any longer I'd be tripping on it when I walk. When I'm standing you can't see any feet or shoes.

I'm not sure if I'm over thinking it but is it ok if you can see my toes a bit when I walk? Now I'm thinking maybe I should change my shoes but I chose open toed because I find them more comfortable. And if I change them now I'll need to make sure they're the same height so the length doesn't need altered again.
Do you think it sounds ok as it is? What's everyone else's length like?

5 replies

Latest activity by SunnyRedDecor92142, 30 of September of 2020 at 23:12
  • Charlotte
    Dedicated February 2022 South East London
    Charlotte ·
    • Hide content
    That is the “correct” length. The dress should be almost touching the ground when you are standing still. It’s up to you whether you are happy and comfortable with that though!
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

It sounds perfect to me - if your shoes don't show a tiny bit when you walk, then the dress is probably too long and you are far more likely to trip - my dress was too long as I couldn't get it altered in time for the wedding (Covid meant I had to get a last-minute replacement dress by mail order) and it was a total nuisance on the day, and yes, I did keep tripping over it!

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content
    Thanks both!
    I definitely don't want it to be too long so I think I'll stick with how it is. ?
  • R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I would - mine was just brushing the ground at the start of the day, but...it was raining lightly and it's the kind of fabric that stretches when wet. So the wetter it got, the longer it got, which meant the more contact with wet ground, which meant it stretched even more...

As my mum said, "You might not have started off with a train on that dress, but you ended up with one" Smiley laugh

• S
    Curious October 2020
    SunnyRedDecor92142 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Never even thought about if it rained. ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics