Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner September 2011

Wedding Dress Modelling

PrettySparkly, 30 August, 2011 at 17:19 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 3

Hi All,

Firstly - I am now married! I can't believe that the big day was over a month ago now - scary!

Looking over our photographs, we had such a perfect day, but I am very sad that I will never get to wear a wedding dress again! So.....does anyone know how one would get into wedding dress modelling? Now, what I'm talking about is voluntary modelling for wedding fairs that have bridal fashion shows, not magazine modelling (I'd have no hope there - too short and too 'fat'!)

I'd love to model wedding dresses at these events, I've been to the BIC wedding fairs on several occasions and the models that they use are normal everyday ladies - no stick thin miserable looking pros!

If anyone has any advice, or knows of an open door, please let me know!

Thanks!

PrettySparkly

3 replies

Latest activity by markzdemetrez, 1 September, 2011 at 10:36
  • pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content

You could contact bridal shops in your area and volunteer your service? Or contact places near you that have bridal shows and tell them you are interested.

• P
    Beginner September 2011
    PrettySparkly ·
    • Hide content

Hmm...thanks, I might try that.

I should have explained - the BIC is an event venue in Bournemouth - I have already tried contacting them but they think that an agency is used.

I'm off to start emailing boutiques....

• Panjita
    Beginner May 2011
    Panjita ·
    • Hide content

When I bought my wedding dress, the lady in the shop asked me if I would be a model for them at wedding fayres so I would definitely ask in local bridal shops.

• M
    Beginner
    markzdemetrez ·
    • Hide content

I think you should try finding some wedding gown designer. When they plan to have a fashion show they might need someone same as your size and can get you as gown model. A little make up and some hair extensions your good to go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics