Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kristina
Curious October 2025 Somerset

Wedding dress online

Kristina, 7 of January of 2024 at 09:42 Posted on Planning 0 10
Hello everyone
I have been looking online and have found some amazing wedding dresses. Cheaper and more expensive ones. I am sociably awkward at times and just thinking about trying dresses in the shop, gives me panic attack . Should I risk it and order online (NOT from CHINA ) ? Anyone can suggest decent websites or share their experiences. Thank you

10 replies

Latest activity by Kristina, 12 of January of 2024 at 16:44
  • S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    Depending on what you’re looking for but if you look at asos you can try and bunch and send them back. Also I went to wed2b in store (take a friend!) and because it’s a bigger store they were a bit more relaxed.
  • Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh yes I have been looking on asos . Even if it needs alterations it wouldn't be a problem! I m happy to do that !
    Thank you for your suggestions, yeah small boutiques just freak me out! Haha

• S
    Dedicated March 2024 Hertfordshire
    SunnyPurpleFlowers85794 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes seamstresses should be able to alter any dress!
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content

Be mindful of the return postage costs associated with some online options. Also if you are ok with it but the cost of some alterations can be more than the dress, many brides have told me.

• Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh really 😬 i have never used a seamstress so haven't got a clue what they charge .. I will definitely keep this mind ! Thank you!
  • Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    And I haven't even thought how much it would cost me to return dresses etc . Some online shops charge £20 + ...
  • PhotographybyBillHaddon
    Super January 3000 Leicestershire
    PhotographybyBillHaddon ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes and more - but I suppose it depends on the cost of the dress and the size of the box. Worth checking before.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered online from a few places with varying quality. Ended up getting my dress from Ivy and Oak which was lovely. I'd avoid Monsoon as I had a really bad experience with them - the dress I ordered arrived absolutely filthy - had obviously been worn extensively, and had mud and biro marks on it, which they tried to claim I was responsible for.

• R
    VIP July 2020 Monmouthshire
    RomanticGreenStationery27135 ·
    • Hide content

I ordered online from a few places with varying quality. Ended up getting my dress from Ivy and Oak which was lovely. I'd avoid Monsoon as I had a really bad experience with them - the dress I ordered arrived absolutely filthy - had obviously been worn extensively, and had mud and biro marks on it, which they tried to claim I was responsible for.

• Kristina
    Kristina ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh really 😲 I had monsoon on my list ! Not any more !! Customer service is just as important as the quality of the dress ! If I decide to order online I will try to look for reviews on trustpilot.
    Thank you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics