Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H

Wedding dress regret

Hermione99654, 30 of July of 2017 at 10:06 Posted on Planning 0 3

Has anyone else had this feeling after buying their dress that they chose the wrong one? On the day I absolutely loved the one I bought and it got a massive thumbs up from my bridesmaids but now I've bought it- a few months later I'm having this niggle that I should have maybe picked another one.

When I went dress shopping it was between 1 that I thought I wanted all along- all my Pinterest boards had variations of this dress and it went with my theme perfectly. The second dress I tried I just fell in love with and I just lit up when I tried it- that's the one I ended up buying. Now I can't help but think I was swayed with how different it was to what I had in mind.

Has anyone else had this feeling? Does it go away? I'm really scared I'm going to go for my fitting next year and hate my dress.

3 replies

Latest activity by ExpensiveYellowConfetti904, 4 of August of 2017 at 18:13
  • Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

I loved my dress when I tried it on, all my BMs loved it, random women (I was at the NEC wedding show) were commenting and saying how it was perfect for me. It was 100% the style I wanted, and all my pinterest boards had similar dresses to the one I picked.I *still* worried for months that I’d made the wrong choice. I hadn’t tried others on (I bought the first and only dress I tried), and worried maybe I should have looked at more, I was way way way underbudget (my dress was £725 – I’d been eying up a Pronovias gown at £5000+!!).
    Anyway, my point is, that it’s really normal to feel like this!! When I went for my fittings I felt so amazing and knew I’d picked right. I did find it helped taking my accessories with me to see it all together. As for me it wasn’t just the dress, it was the veil/jewellery/tiara which make the *look* all together!

• L
    Beginner June 2018
    Lilacbouquet ·
    • Hide content

This seems to happen to most of us on here tbh. I had the same thought as I hadn't tried on other designers - I still think it would of been easier if I had, but now, and looking at the pictures of me in my actual dress - I fall in love all over again and get over it. I am firmly set on my dress and I think it helped when it arrived in the shop. Also when you start looking at accessories it gets exciting.

If there is one bit the other dress you liked had but this one doesn't, i.e. it's fuller then you can always add bits such as an extra layer underneath or wear a petticoat, or even add a glitzy belt or something to make the dress really unique.

When yours does arrive, go and try it on and take lots of pictures of the front, back, sides etc. It will also be in the right size for you and make you feel special again. Maybe you could go into the store and try on the sample again? I did this three times eek!

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

Ditto what Bacchant said-see a post I just wrote for a mother lady asking the exact same question-Wait until you see the whole outfit WOW!

• E
    Beginner October 2017
    ExpensiveYellowConfetti904 ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Its fab that you found two dresses to love - I'm getting married in October and I still can't find one!

If you felt amazing in it, you will when you put it on again and I am positive you will look wonderful and feel amazing! Have a fab wedding! x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics