Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner July 2015

Wedding Dress Retail Outlet Birmingham

lauren_t, 5 of November of 2014 at 12:20 Posted on Planning 0 7

Hi everyone,

Im going here on Sunday with my mum & sister. First time going dress shopping and I am dreading it!!

Has anyone else been here before or heard what its like?

Thanks x x

7 replies

Latest activity by auntiejo1, 6 of November of 2014 at 09:34
  • S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

Never been, but have heard of a few ppl that rate it. They'll probably have loads of styles, shapes etc for you to try on so you'll probably find out what suits you. There's a small outlet shop in Black Heath too. They get ex-sample designer dresses and get some brand new stock too. Got my Mori Lee dress from there for £295! Needs some money spent on alterations and a couple of minor repairs (has a couple of snags but easily fixed) but still going to be cheap! The woman was really nice, helpful and honest too. She didn't just want to sell a dress, she wanted to sell a dress that was for you. Maybe worth a look if you don't have any joy at the first place!

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    MellieMoo ·
    • Hide content

Does this place have any kind of alternative dresses too?

• L
    Beginner July 2015
    lauren_t ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for coming back to me.

Spring Bride what is the name of the shop it sounds good and I love Mori Lee dresses!

Im not sure what range they have got, just know there is a lot, sorry. x

• S
    Beginner April 2015
    Spring Bride 85 ·
    • Hide content

It's called California Brides. The stock changes on a daily basis so even if you didn't find something one weekend, you might the next. I picked out tried on an Enzoani, Intuzuri, Alfred Angelo, Phil Collins ,and a couple of others. Was actually the woman in shop that picked the Mori Lee out. All were £295 but worth around £1500 if bought new.

Check out the facebook page as they post photo's and you can't see the dresses on the website. Good luck finding your dress wherever you get it! I'm sure you'll look gorgeous!

• L
    Beginner July 2015
    lauren_t ·
    • Hide content

Its on Hockley Street in the jewellery quarter. I might check the other one out as well.

• "
    Beginner June 2015
    "About Time" Bride ·
    • Hide content

Hi

I've not been to the one in the Jewellery Quarter, but I have bought my dress from Your Wedding Shop in Cotteridge, they have dresses from £99 off the peg or you can order in the more expensive dresses (trust me to fall in love with a Ronald Joyce, that was double my budget!) Jo and Charlotte are fantastic and really put me at ease.

I am purchasing my bridesmaid dresses from the Dressing Rooms (mentioned above) and have heard great reviews about California Brides in Blackheath too.

Good Luck ?

• A
    Beginner February 2015
    auntiejo1 ·
    • Hide content

I went here when I was looking - I found that they had more larger sizes than small - I did try on a few dresses but be careful as a few of the dresses I looked at had snags/beading coming off etc - they had a few lovely ones though so defo worth a trip

I also went to Your Wedding Shop in Cotteridge and understand they have now turned into an outlet store, but haven't visited as I have my dress now

x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics