Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Skeptical78
Beginner September 2013

Wedding Dress Sales

Skeptical78, 13 of December of 2012 at 10:27 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hiya- I wonder if anyone can give me some advice on Wedding Dress sales?

I have put aside a £1000 budget for a wedding dress, however if I am well up for getting it cheaper...more booze / honeymoon spending money! ?

I've noticed that a few shops at the moment are having 'end of season' sales. A shop I went into recently (and liked) are selling some lush dresses which originally cost £1200-£1300 for around £500! I am half tempted to make an appointment, even though I wasn't seriously going to start dress shopping til Feb. I have no qualms about buying shop samples, etc.

Does anyone know at which times of the year shops tend to have monster sales? Is this a once a year deal, or could I snap up a bargain in the new year??

8 replies

Latest activity by anna123, 14 of December of 2012 at 07:47
  • B
    Beginner October 2013
    bristol1984 ·
    • Hide content

I got my dress which was £1200 down to £500 as it was end of season sales. I do have to have the one that was tried on in the shop but they will clean it for me foc so I am happy Smiley smile

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Bristol- what time of year did you buy your dress....? Do wedding dress shops have 'January sales'...?!!

• B
    Beginner October 2013
    bristol1984 ·
    • Hide content

I got mine at the begining of this month as they are selling cheap the end of the season dresses at the moment. I am not sure about jan but I guess they will just sale them until they are all gone.

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

Around where I live (Kent) most shops seemed to be just ending their sales when I started looking, so October November time. I think some shops still have some things on sale but it seems that new stock comes in mainly in January, so they've been clearing space for that I guess. I wish I'd started looking earlier!

• Skeptical78
    Beginner September 2013
    Skeptical78 ·
    • Hide content

Ooooh- have you been to the big wedding dress factory outlet place in Kent? I had a look at their website today; looks amazing! If you did go, what was it like...?

• Bluebell25
    Beginner August 2013
    Bluebell25 ·
    • Hide content

No Skeptical, I'd forgotten about them but they look pretty good, so many dresses! Just got in contact with Cutting Edge brides so I should go to both, I think they're quite close to one another.

• S
    Beginner June 2013
    soontobenew ·
    • Hide content

Hi Skeptical,

I got my dress at a wedding dress outlet store in yorkshire. I went for a nosey with no plan to actually buy a dress and ended up finding exactly what I wanted. It's a Charlotte Balbier but just from last years collection and was only £400. (Sadly I did however manage to spend all the money I saved on v expensive shoes and head dress ?)

So I would highly recommend going and having a look at one if you have one near you. But I think it only works if its 'the' dress don't be tempted by second best just to save money, you'll regret it and end up buying another dress (my friend did this, wobbled a week before the wedding and bought another dress at 3 times the price).

Happy to send you details of where i went if you're in the area.

• A
    Beginner February 2014
    anna123 ·
    • Hide content

There are many good sites from wedding dress and wedding accessories. I recommend you choose ilovebridal.co.uk . It will give you good more options to choose good wedding dress at affordable dress. From http://www.ilovebridal.co.uk/, you will find more good options.

• A
    Beginner February 2014
    anna123 ·
    • Hide content

There are many good sites from wedding dress and wedding accessories. I recommend you choose ilovebridal.co.uk . It will give you good more options to choose good wedding dress at affordable dress. From http://www.ilovebridal.co.uk/, you will find more good options.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics