Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2017

Wedding dress shop is closing down

lyn-lyn, 27 of January of 2017 at 11:36 Posted on Planning 0 5

I have just received a phone call from the shop I bought my dress from to say they are closing down. I ordered my dress just over a year ago and paid in full when it came in in December. I am supposed to start my fittings on. 4th February with the seamstress and they assured me this will still happen but I'm now thinking should I go and collect my dress and keep it at my mum and dads just in case the shop closes and I have no contact with them or just wait till next weekend and find out more then xx

5 replies

Latest activity by MrsPtoB, 5 of February of 2017 at 12:27
  • Stephisaur
    Beginner April 2017
    Stephisaur ·
    • Hide content

Collect your dress and ask for details of the seamstress "in case you can't contact the shop directly for whatever reason"

I collected my dress as soon as it came in and I'm SO glad because when I went to collect the BM dresses they kept collecting the wrong dresses from storage and they only go once a week. Ugh.

X

• Bacchant
    Beginner June 2017
    Bacchant ·
    • Hide content

This happened to my friend, like you she'd already paid in full so got her dress okay (those who hadn't yet paid in full ended up with no dress and no deposit!).

She collected her dress and went to another bridal shop and used their seamstress (they also let her store it there).

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

I would go get it, I'd be worried if I didn't personally speaking. The dress shop I bought my first dress from closed down a week after I took my dress home and never even mentioned that that was a risk. They just went!

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsPtoB ·
    • Hide content

I think i'd collect the dress and find a seamstress to do any alterations required. Might be safer that way, although i'm sure the shop wouldn't refuse to give you your dress.

• L
    Beginner April 2017
    lyn-lyn ·
    • Hide content

Just a quick update, I went for my fitting today and the seamstress has taken the dress to her house for alterations, she has given me her number and taken mine so she can contact me directly when she has done the alterations x

all worked out fine in the end after all my panicking xx

• M
    Beginner September 2017
    MrsPtoB ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's great! I didn't think they'd let you down but glad it has all worked out well. x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics